Chapter 245 - "Just 5 Days..."

Clara's PoV

The tension was killing me.

I went back to uni on the Monday and knew that the week was going to be hard.

The hardest week in a long time.

It's not like I was even getting paternity results. We were just finding out whose blood it has.

It didn't help that Monday had been results day for semester 1 and I'd done reasonably well which meant my luck must be due to run out out soon.

'Clara your a bit pre occupied today - well actually you have been recently. Are you okay?' Miss Jones asked at lunchtime. The teacher I was shadowing throughout my experience.

'Yeah. I'm fine really' I assured her but couldn't stomach my salad. Nothing I was eating was wanting to settle anymore.

It wasn't fair. Already this baby was being demanding as Fuck, making things even worse for me. Just from that personality trait alone I could already sense who's baby it was.

'If you was pregnant - but you wasn't sure who the Father was - and the one guy you wanted to be the Father had cheated on you... What would you do...? Hypothetically speaking?' I asked.

Her eyes winded as she sat down, opposite me at the desk.

'I would hypothetically dump his ass. No man is worth the trouble deer' she smiled hoping it would work.

'But he could be the Father?'

'He could be. And he could not be' she pointed out with a raised eyesore.

'Okay. But what if he had been there for you for four years. Stayed with you through cancer, meltdowns, operations and treatment?' I asked.

'Clara is this really hypothetical anymore?'

'Yeah. Just a friend... A good friend. What would you do?'

'If he had been there through all that then I don't know what I'd do. Cancer and treatment is a hard thing for any couple to go through - especially so young - so I don't know' she admitted.

I continued to mark of a few papers she had handed me and sat down again.

'So if your friend is waiting for results of a paternity test - presumably - when would sed friend be getting those results?'

'It's not a paternity test. It's just to see which blood type the baby has. I don't want to risk anything harming the baby. But 5 days. Hopefully Friday' I said. 'I can't stand the waiting. It's the waiting that's the worst' I said painfully.

- - -

Tuesday was a better day because it was completely full on. I had lectures in the morning and the afternoon then went to an art club meeting that evening which was good because it meant that I could just spend time focusing on drawing and nothing else.

Not that my mind didn't wander though - because it did. Always does.

I hadn't even considered what would happen if it wasn't John's.

Call the police I suppose. At least then I would have some evidence of him violating me. But he must be stupid if he goes around raping girls and doesn't think about basic human biology.

How would I get in contact with him? Not that I would want to particularly but I guess he would want to know? Wouldn't anyone even if they are vile and disgusting. And I could do it though the police so he doesn't know where I am or where I live.