Chapter 277 - "Kicking..."

Clara's PoV

It wasn't what I wanted it to be considering Richard was doing a lot of sleeping.

All the drugs and things were knocking him out and the nurse did say that the best way for his head to heal was to let him sleep. So it was the third night that I was left bored shitless sitting in the common room, flicking through the TV channels with not much to offer on.

I thought Richard would be more lively and we'd be able to have more fun, but every time I talk to him, he practically collapses out of pain and exhaustion.

Plus he's a modest guy and doesn't like to show that he's in pain.

Like any guy I guess.

'What you up too? Oo. Your watching that funny hospital program again' John said squeamishly turning away from the screen.

'No one is telling you, you have to watch' I muttered, but he came and sat next to me on the sofa anyway.

He spent quite a while sifting though his phone - assuming he was on Facebook or Twitter, but after a while I started shaking from being freezing cold.

'Can you pass me that blanket?' I asked. 'It's freezing in here don't you think?' I muttered.

'No not really'

'Just me then' I scoffed, pulling the blanket over me, but I gasped when he got under the blanket too, and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. 'What are you doing?'

'Your cold - and I'm not. So I'll warm you up' he shrugged.

I didn't want to offend him or kick him out - especially when he's trying so hard, so I allowed myself to snuggle into his warmth and warm up a little.

John looked down half way through the programme and noticed that Clara had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

She breathed silently in and out her chest rising and falling perfectly, in sync with her breaths. He wouldn't have paid so much attention if she didn't look so perfect.

He missed watching her sleep.

He missed watching her wriggle around in her sleep. Watching her wrinkle her nose when she had a bad dream, or smile in her sleep when she was thinking of something nice.

He missed that. He missed her. He missed her terribly.

Of course it didn't take him long to start exploring her cute body and facial features. Not in a strange creepy kind of way - in more of a loving way.

Tracing circles on her arms, and running down to the ever so obvious baby bump, that contained his daughter.

It made his heart tighten when he said that. Or referred to her as his Daughter. Because she might not be.

He traced the outer shell of the bump, over the blue dress Clara was wearing but freaked out when he felt something completely unfamiliar to him.

'What the hell is that?' John suddenly said stirring me awake and waking me up from my warmth.

It's not like I was asleep anyway. I was just focusing more on the light touches that John was causing on my skin and the butterflies in my stomach and chest as he did that.