Chapter 291 - "Weekend Break..."

Clara's PoV

'Right you said your going crazy. So I've booked a trip' John said rather proud of himself.

'Huh?'

'Well you can't fly because your 6 and a half months pregnant, and you can't travel very far in the car from fear of vomiting... So I booked a weekend trip to Paris. Little walking will be needed and we can get the train'

'When?'

'This weekend obviously. We leave tomorrow and come back Monday afternoon. Just you and me' he smiled proudly.

Admittedly it did sound like it would be fun.

'Won't that be a bit... Weird? I mean we're not together anymore. Richard won't like it and I highly doubt lulu will like it'

'Her names Lola Clara' he responded rolling his eyes. 'I guess she could come with us'

'Wait what?'

'Well why not? I promise I won't make you uncomfortable - well no more than you would make me with Richard, so what do you say?'

'I really don't know... I'll get my own room right?'

'Of course you will. And she knows your pregnant, and she knows that I'm your best friend' he shrugged.

'But she still doesn't know that your potentially the father?'

'No. But I'm sure she'll find out in due course' he shrugged again. Anyway, it's stress free because I've planned everything. We're in a hotel that's close enough to the town. It's not really a sight seeing thing - we'll be more in the country side of Paris... But it will be fun and near a beach' he said with funny raised eyebrows.

I sat up and grinned.

'Sounds like fun. But are you sure it's a good idea I travel?'

'Well you shouldn't travel anywhere after 8 months and your only 6 and half so perfectly safe' he shrugged, pulling out a suitcase. 'You in?'

'No I'll come. Sounds like fun. I'm in. Of course I don't think I'll be doing any swimming... And wouldn't look that great in a bikini. But I'll pack everything else' I grinned.

It did indeed sound fun. I just wasn't sure that I wanted to go with him and Lola.

I'm still not sure about her.

- - -

I am a stubborn person.

So the fact that I forced my enlarging stomach into a pair of shorts for the trip wasn't too much of a shock.

I hate summer in England.

'It's so damn hot it's a joke. Will the sun ever Fuck off?'

'Oh come on Clara. Are you seriously planning on travelling on the train for two hours in shorts? Won't you be uncomfortable?' He asked as I admired my stomach in the mirror.

It wasn't small by any means - but having done my research - definitely not as large as some women are around 26 weeks.

It was no longer hideable in anything I would wear. Including leggings and baggy tops anymore - so I had given up.

'Style before comfort, anyway, I'll be more uncomfortable if I'm stuck in jeans or leggings' I grumbled picking up my rucksack as he dragged his and my suitcase down to the car. We were going to take the car with us but then he changed his mind when he realised how much effort it would require and considering were only going for 4 days it made sense to just get a train.