Chapter 323 - "Adorable..."

Clara's PoV

'When can she leave?' I asked on the Monday. She was 7 days old now and I literally couldn't believe it had been 7 whole days since she was born. It seemed like a lifetime ago now.

'We're waiting on her last checks, and to try to feed her the bottle. Won't be long. I think she'll still be okay for her original expected release'

'When was that?' I muttered awkwardly having no idea. I was only in the maternity unit again today because I had spent the whole of the previous day holding her and found that when I got home I missed her.

I was straight back up here at 7 o clock this morning and hadn't stopped watching her since.

'September 12th. But if all goes well then I'm more than happy to let her go September 10th. Well just have to see how it goes. I want to maybe think about bottle feeding her tomorrow. So you will actually need to get someone to get the formula if your not going to feed her your own milk'

'I'll get John to sort it. There's no way I'm being one of those mothers where they walk around with their child attached to their boob. And seeing as I had her so early I hope to start the uni year with everyone else in October. So breast feeding just wouldn't work' I shrugged.

'That's fine. Speak to John later' she chuckled.

'Can I pick her up' I asked.

'You don't need to ask go pick her up anymore. The only tube in her now is the feeding tube. She's not that fragile anymore. You can even change her if you like?' She asked with a raised eyebrow.

'Really?'

'Yeah. I'll get someone to come and show you how' she chuckled, leaving the room with me holding Autumn close to me once again.

- - -

'So what did Clara say about the nursery? How exactly does she want it to be?'

'Well when I asked what colour paint she wanted I got no answer, so I figured that we could just go with pink since she's a girl'

'What room is she having?' Lilly asked, trying to work out the plan of the house.

'Well Richards moving into David's old room seeing as he is finally moving out, which means that Clara can have Richards room. Meaning we can have Autumns room next to mine where Clara is at the moment. Obviously she'll sleep in with me or Clara or Richard at the moment anyway. And it's only temporary. To be fair she'll probably move out into a flat closer to uni before she's old enough to use the room, but Jane said she can save it for grandkids and for Autumn to use when she comes to visit'

'You've really thought this through?' Lilly smirked.

'I want this to work. I don't want to not have Autumn. Even if she isn't biologically my kid. I want her to live with me' John mumbled.

'But she's not living with you?' Lilly pointed out.

'Let me rephrase... When she comes to stay with me'

'And it doesn't bother you in any way that she isn't actually biologically related to you?'

'Of course it matters. I'm devastated that she isn't my Daughter. But there's no going back now. She's Clara's Daughter and I'm just the step Dad hopefully'