Chapter 368 - "Bowling Party..."

Clara's PoV

'Hey. You coming bowling?' Lilly asked as she looked up at me when I came into the kitchen.

I had to say that she seemed pretty happy right now. Her and Doug were snuggled on the sofa obviously been kissing, and very cute. Especially considering that her ex had just disappeared for a while.

I thought Lilly would be more hung up over that but she hadn't mentioned it once.

Little did I know that Douglas was very much unaware through everything that had happened that he didn't know that Richard was Lilly's ex of three and a half years.

'Umm. Who's going?'

'Well if you come - then 10 of us I think. I'm bringing Doug'

'Yeah. Maybe. What time?'

'6' she grinned excitedly jumping up and pulling Doug towards her room.

I sighed collapsing on the sofa and started browsing Twitter for a bit knowing that she would be asleep until hopefully 4 o clock, but ever since the scans she hasn't been sleeping very well.

'Hey. I hear your coming bowling?' John said jumping over the sofa, and I shifted so I was sat on his lap, placing the baby monitor on the coffee table in front of me.

'Yeah'

'What about Autumn?'

'She can come with us. She's a baby. She's not controlling my entire life and when she does sleep she's a heavy sleeper so she can just sleep in the buggy' I shrugged like it was obvious which technically it was an obvious answer to the problem.

'Okay. Well as long as you want to bring her' John said cupping my face but I wasn't really in the mood. 'What's up? Your being all depressed and distant'

'Am I? I didn't know' I whispered, resting my head in his chest.

'Are you still pouting because you've run out of contact lenses because it's about time you got over that don't you think? I think you look hot in your glasses'

'First up - your opinion is biased. And second of all that's not what the problem is. It's is what it is - I guess since the whole Lola thing and then Richard leaving for a while and then Autumn not getting to meet her Dad (not that I want her too because I really don't) I just spend all my time I guess now worrying about her' I sighed.

'You've got to stop worrying. Richard is coming back. He's not gone forever. I spoke to him only yesterday - and he's got the wedding next week. He's been spending time with his nephew. He's having fun' John said which did make me feel a little better.

I just wish I had heard from him - I know that John took Autumn into the bedroom for a while yesterday so I guess they were face timing.

- - -

I wrapped Autumn up in her buggy as I got to the bowling alley - probably the last one here but none of them have a screaming baby to contend with.

And she literally was a screaming, impatient baby today.

This was the first day since she had been born that she was having a stubborn day and crying day. I haven't had a problem with her since I've had her yet today she was doing my head in.

I spotted them at lane 12 and went to join them all, parking up the buggy and cursing internally to myself having left her dummy in the car.

I scoffed, pulling my car keys out of my bag and went back to my car, with someone hot on my tail.

'What is it Lil?'

'Your 20 minutes late' she said carefully looking at me as I slammed the car door and glared.

'Well. I'm sorry for having things to do. Especially when I can't get the Fucking kid to stop crying. Does she not have an off switch?' I growled, storming into the bowling alley to find that John had her in his arms and she was completely silent.

'Are you keeping Mummy on her toes today?' John said to her as Adrien leant over his shoulder. 'Sorry, she was crying. I thought I could help - and turns out I could' John said honestly going to put her back in the buggy but I placed the dummy in her mouth.

'Don't put her back. She's happy' I snapped, walking away. 'Why are you following my Lil?'

'You just seem... A little tense' she said as she followed me into the bathroom and stood outside the cubicle as I peed.

'I am tense Lil okay. I haven't slept in over 76 hours because she will not stop crying. I have a headache the size of a Fucking mountain' I said leaning against the sink and taking a deep breath. 'Plus Richard is barely
Talking to me and every time I go to kiss John I feel shit and guilty - and Richards not even in the country to get annoyed at it'

'Whoa. Your stressed. I get it' she said placing a hand on my shoulder.

'No you don't Lil, as much as you say it no you don't. You don't have a kid that is bombarding you 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I love her with everything I have but it's stressful times like these that I wish I had given her up for adoption like we originally planned' I yelled at her. 'Now just Fuck off and leave me alone' I snapped going back out to the lane where everyone was waiting.

'Shall we put your name in?' Adrien asked.

'What do you think?' I scoffed.

- - -

'Are you going to be this grumpy all night?' John asked as he sat beside me on one of the bowling sofas where I was strolling through Twitter again which was my go to when I need to occupy myself, knowing that Autumn was being passed around from pillar to post every time she got fussy. I think right now she was with Adrien.

'Yes'

'Why? Lilly said that you were being horrible. What's up?'

'Nothing' I mumbled clutching my stomach, and almost ready to cry.

'Oh. That's what's wrong' he said wrapping an arm around my shoulder and smirking.

'Huh?'

'It's your first period since giving birth right? Your in pain and uncomfortably grouchy and you realise Autumn is noticing that don't you?'

'She's 8 weeks old. How can she know that I'm on my period?' I scoffed like it was a stupid statement.

'She knows because your body has changed. She's your daughter. She's not silly' John muttered, handing me his chocolate milkshake. 'I know it's your favourite' he teased.

'You always know how to cheer me up you big space goof' I giggled as he handed me the cup and I slurped from it.

'Now. Will you at least try to be a bit happier?'

'How? My baby hates me'

'She does not hate you. Anyway - she's coming back with me tonight. She can stay in my room. Give you a break and a chance for me to see her' he said standing up when Lilly handed him the ball.