Chapter 379 - "Witch..."

Clara's PoV

'It's been ages since I've been home. I didn't even see my Dad on my birthday' I muttered loading Autumn up in the car.

It was the Christmas holidays now technically, and it had been ages since Dad had seen Autumn. In fact it had been ages since I'd seen my Dad.

She's three months old now and the most adorable little thing ever.

'I know. But I don't know when I'm going to see you all weekend... I'm working so tonight was the only night, but maybe if I get bored I'll come and see you' John suggested.

'I think that's a good plan' I grinned, giving him a quick kiss and loaded all my crap into the back of the car.

- - -

It was a peaceful little drive home.

Normally I don't like driving home on my own, but seeing as Autumn was with me I spent the whole time talking to her even if she couldn't answer me - but that might have been a good thing seeing as I was ranting on about nothingness.

I pulled the car seat out of the back and slammed the door after pulling up just taking the bag in that has her stuff planning to come back and get the suitcase, and unlocked the front door.

I was confused when my Dad wasn't in the lounge, so placed the car seat down seeing as she was asleep and said hello to snuffles.

'Hey boy. How are you?' I grinned stroking his ears and watched him sniff over the baby seat, with Autumn in.

It's so funny watching him do this because Autumn just stared up at him as he sniffs, and he doesn't even try to lick her face - it's like the dog knows.

I first figured my Dad was at work so I just headed into the kitchen and set up the steriliser, so that I could make her up a bottle, when I heard movement from upstairs.

'So he is home' I smirked, running up the stairs, two at a time. 'Hey Da-- Oh Fuck' I yelled having made eye contact with him and slammed the bedroom door as fast as I could taking a deep breath.

'Fuck' I scoffed, running quickly down the stairs, not even waiting to see how he responded.

Realistically I wanted to get out of the house but I knew Autumn needed feeding. She was already being fussy, squirming around in the car seat, so I pulled her out and shifted her onto a blanket on the lounge floor.

She loves moving and wriggling around on the floor. Normally Richard or John or Lilly watch her but I can see her from the kitchen here, so I knew she would be okay.

And what was even more impressive was the fact that Snuffles laid down on the floor by the top of the blanket and didn't move.

He's definitely got some kind of sixth sense about this.

I stood in the kitchen and leant against the counter as I heard rustling come from upstairs and the sounds of people moving around - no doubt getting dressed - and then I heard footsteps on the stairs.

'Just stay there' my Dad instructed, as he appeared in the doorway.

At least he was handling this face on. Normally he takes awkward moments and runs away... Far, far away... Much like myself.

'Clara' he said in a gruff voice as he cleared his throat, while I dumped the powder in the bottle and shook it together with the warm water.

'Hmm?'

'I-- I don't know what to say'

'I'm a grown woman Dad. I'm 20 years old. I'm more than aware of the activity you were partaking in, I'd just rather not discuss it. Let's just ignore it like we ignore everything else yeah?' I said heading into the lounge with him hot on my tail.

'I didn't expect you home this weekend. You normally call when your coming home'

'I wanted to surprise you. Of course I think we both surprised each other. Come on then. Where is the hoe?'

'Clara' he scoffed. 'She's not a hoe. We've been seeing each other for quite a while actually' he said again. 'She's just in the hallway and I'd quite like you to meet her' he smiled.

'I think I've already met more than enough of her today' I grimaced. 'Send her home. Maybe tomorrow' I smiled placing the bottle in Autumns mouth and concentrated on her grip of the bottle rather than my Dad in his dressing gown.

'That's just the thing... She kind of lives here now'

'What?' I snapped. 'Lives here? You can't have known her more than 5 minutes. How the fu-- how the hell can you be living together?'

'I met her in San Francisco about 18 months ago. She's just recently moved to the U.K.' He said with a small smile.

'Hold up? 18 months? That's why you went to America back in August? You went to visit your girlfriend?'

'Do you have any idea how hard a long distance relationship is Clara? It's not easy' he scoffed at me.

'I'm more than aware' I snapped, as a woman opened the lounge door and suddenly appeared in the room.

'Maybe this isn't a good plan' my Dad said as she stepped in anyway, making me stand up rather hastily.

'Hi. You must be Clara? Dave's Daughter? I'm Georgie' she smiled holding out a hand.

The woman had me gobsmacked.

She stood in front of me and was shockingly beautiful. Not only that but she had to be at least 15 years younger than him. 'You've got to be kidding Dad? She's closer to my age than yours' I snapped.

'Clara' he warned.

'How old are you?' I scoffed.

'36'

'Your 50 Dad. How can you date her? I mean did 25 years with mum mean nothing to you?' I yelled getting rude now, but the end point was when I saw what was on her hand. 'You didn't'

'I had no choice. They would have sent her back to America'

'She's a gold digger Dad. She just wants you for your money. This all has to be some kind of sick twisted joke? I haven't seen you in three weeks and suddenly you have an American hoe living in your house and your married?'

'It's not that simple Clara' he begged as I scooped Autumn up. 'Don't go. Just let me explain'

'There's nothing to explain. I'll be elsewhere' I snapped, as I forced a crying baby on the car seat.