Chapter 320 - "Hiding Away..."

Clara's PoV

'Where the hell has she gone? Who the bloody hell let her out of their sight?' John snapped.

'No one. She's not a dog John. If she's wandered off that's not our problem' Jane sighed getting sick of Clara's petty games.

Everyone was getting sick of her petty games. Even Richard was starting to get sick of this.

'John in the eyes of the law... Clara's actually the guardian here and there's nothing that I can do without her anyway. We can't run that scan unless we have consent or it becomes an emergency. The police will be back with social services to talk things through and if Clara isn't here then there isn't anything we can do'

'We'll find her dude' Richard promised.

'What's the point? She won't come back even if you do find her. Don't waste your breath. I've had enough now' John sighed and turned to the nurse. 'How long until it becomes an emergency?'

'48 hours and it's taken out of Clara's hands and left to social services. Your here so the decisions will just go immediately to you' she assured.

Richard had different ideas.

- - -

'Has she come to you? I mean I've checked her Dads, Janes, Adrien's and Crystals. All the places she would hide away - and I can't find her' Richard stuttered

'She's not here. She wouldn't dare come anywhere near here' Lilly snapped.

'Lil. It's a matter of life or death for a baby who has nothing else left to hold onto. Please if you see her let me know' Richard begged.

'I promise I will. But have you checked campus you know... All the places that she likes to hide?'

'The bushes?' Richard said suddenly very enthused, knowing where she'll be hiding. He was the only one that knew where that hiding place was.

- - -

I sighed when I heard the sound of footsteps.

There's only one person that knows all my hiding places on campus, and unfortunately that person had found me now.

'I know your lingering out there Richard. I can tell that they are your boots' I sighed.

'Come on Clara. Please come back'

'I can't. It's all my fault she's in this mess. I promised I would do everything in my power to make sure that she was born happy and healthy but I couldn't do it could I? I completely ruined everything... Again' I whined.

'Clara she needs you. In the eyes of the law John can't make the decisions. If you don't give permission for a scan they can't find out what's wrong'

'I said I don't want anything to do with it'

'But legally you have to Clara. If not for her then for John. Please come back. The poor baby is in distress. You care about her otherwise you wouldn't be looking at pictures of her' he said and I sighed.

'These aren't Autumn... That ones Autumn. These ones are me' I sighed.

'You?'

'I was born at 36 weeks. 4 weeks early. I should have known really'

'Being born early isn't genetics always Clara. It's just shit luck' Richard pointed out.

'But--'

'No buts. She's your Daughter and you assured him you were going to do this together' Richard snapped getting kind of angry, but maybe angry was kind of what I needed right now.

'Why?'

'For John. He loves her already more than he loves anyone or anything. If not for John then for me - because I don't think I could part from her' Richard mumbled.

'And you don't think I don't love her? You all just think that me running away is being selfish but I'm doing this for her' I whined.

'You have to come back. Please. What will I have to do or say to make you come back Clara?'

'Nothing. There's nothing you can do or say. I can't go'

'And you want her to be like you yeah? She's got your genes Clara. I assure you she is fighting. All those times John's fought for you. She's fighting like you wouldn't believe'

'Being unable to keep her in me until full term' I muttered.

'Full term is considered 36 weeks +. She was just narrow of that'

'You've put some thought into this' I smirked.

'I had too. I had to think of a way to get you to come back. He's killing himself there Clara. He's on his last tether. With you and the world'

'I--' I was trying to find a reason, any reason to get out of this - but I just couldn't.

'Please Clara. Just do this for him. Even if your not doing it for her or yourself. You know if anything happened to her you'd regret it. And we both know you'll give in eventually so why not just save us both the bother. Give in now'

'I-- Why? Why do I always have to give in? Why do I have to give in and let this happen?' I snapped standing up. 'Real life has started. You need to be apart of it. Either in or pretend and stay a child'

'Because if you don't you could loose the man you love forever' he promised.

'You?' I whispered.

'I don't want to make threats Clara, but this is getting ridiculous. Please come back' he begged, sitting next to me in the bushes.

'I can't loose you too Richard. I've already lost John, and my kid. Please don't make threats' I sniffed.

'You haven't lost either of those two people. They're both waiting for you. And you won't loose me. I swear' he said cupping my face and kissing me gently.

It was quite a soothing and reassuring kiss, to know that he really is there for me. And that they all really want me to do this.

He was right.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and kissed a little deeper a as he carefully found my waist, then I pulled back and sighed, placing my head in his chest and breathing in and out shallowly.

'Come on Clara. You know you want too?' He whispered kissing my forehead.