Chapter 333 - "One Night..."

Clara's PoV

'Here' I said shifting her into John's arms as he looked at me gobsmacked. 'I didn't really consider I guess that this whole thing is a lot harder on you than it is on me. You got all hyped up for nothing. She's my baby but she isn't yours. So if you want to look after her tonight then by all means. But I want her back first thing tomorrow morning. We'll sort out how this will all work in time. Even if you aren't biologically her Father... I still want you to have a say' I said awkwardly.

'Are you serious?'

'Considering you just spent the last week lying to me that my boyfriend was busy - no I shouldn't be - but I am' I sighed. 'Now be a good girl for John won't you' I said kissing her forehead.

'Sorry your not actually kidding are you?'

'No. I'm really not' I smiled hesitantly. I wasn't sure if I would actually be able to go a night without her. I wasn't sure if I could do it.

I knew I was going to miss her so much, but I can share. I can share her around. And it's good in a way that so many people want to help me out with her.

'What are you going to do?' He asked suddenly looking up from where Autumn was having a stretch.

'Get some sleep. Maybe go out and get a bit of fresh air. Depends what Richards doing because wherever he is going I'm going' I said stubbornly as we both looked at him.

'Don't leave this down to me' Richard said as I sighed and ran upstairs.

'I'll come to yours then' I said packing an overnight bag. 'Feel free to stay here with her. Then my Dad can have some time with her too' I smiled. 'One Night' was all I said before taking Richards hand and dragging him out of the house.

- - -

'Where are we going?'

'Like I said. To yours' I smiled, stopping dead in the street and looked at him with a mischievous grin on my face.

'Why?'

'Was it really true what you said? You didn't really want to leave? It was just that John asked you?'

'He says you were feeling bombarded and that you needed space. I don't even know why I believed him now. It seems kind of stupid considering' he sulked.

'Your here now so that's all that matters I guess' I said as we strolled into his house and I flopped onto his sofa.

The whole summer we were together we didn't even come to his house once. And his Mum doesn't even own this house anymore - it's legally Richards.

'What did you want to do?'

'Sleep' I whined.

'Sounds like a good plan' he agreed, as I collapsed now on his bed.

'Why are you so tired? You said you were coming home to sleep. Have you not slept all week?'

'No not really. I missed you two too much. I can't believe how much I missed Autumn and she's not even my baby' he pouted. 'To be honest... Is it normal for a guy to feel this broody? I wouldn't argue if someone offered me to have my own kid'

I looked up with a frightened face. 'Don't even consider it'

'Don't be silly. You've just had a kid. We'll at least wait two months before we knock you up again' he joked.

'I miss her now. That was really hard to let John look after her' I pouted as well, snuggling up and curling up on the bed.

'I can imagine. It must be hard knowing he's not her Dad. What will you do about Felix?'