Chapter 283 - "Dreams..."

Clara's PoV

'I'm not having a crisis. I swear' I said standing up.

'John, she's crying. You'd better get in here' Lilly shouted out the door making me look around confused.

'What's goin-- what's wrong Clara?' John asked.

'She's doing that thing again. Where her eyes go glassy and she starts to cry' Lilly said. 'She's going to ruin our evening' she whined.

'I'm not. I'm fine' I lied.

'Hey. It's just the hormones' John soothed. 'Whatever's making you upset isn't - it's just hormones' he chuckled lifting my chin to look him in the eye.

'It's not hormones you idiot' I said slapping his chest and pulling away. 'Everything's changing and it's not fair'

'Huh?'

'I'm having a baby, an actual baby. In less than a month I'll be huge. I'm not going to come back to uni until after Christmas. That's 8 months away. I'll have an actual kid. I'm still a bloody kid myself'

'Hey. I know' he soothed,

'No you don't. Your not pregnant. Your just a man. You have no idea the things I'm going through'

'Then tell me. Tell me what your going through'

'Nothing' I mumbled. 'Go and have fun with everyone else. Don't worry about me' I said wiping my cheeks.

'Your coming too. Come on. People understand that your all hormonal and in the middle of a crisis at the moment. We'll have fun. Play some games' he smirked.

'But they'll all be drinking games?'

'Then you can be the referee or something' he chuckled.

- - -

I thought it would be a lot worse than what it actually was.

John dragged me into the common room with him.

I thought it would be more awkward with his new girlfriend hanging around but she seemed really nice - but there was something about her that seemed too nice.

In the end the evening didn't turn out how we thought it would - instead somehow the topic of the future came up - probably due to the crisis I was currently having - and so we were discussing the future.

'In 5 years time I want to have my first job in a theatre. We'll be what... Almost 25. I'd like to have done a few small parts but be a little further by then' Lilly said.

'What exactly do you want to do? Dance I get that - but where do you propose it taking you?' John asked suddenly. Everyone had their dreams in high school, but Lilly has always been the one to follow the crowd and not know where she's going.

'The west end. Not as a singer. Just a dancer. Theres always couples competitions and things... I was thinking about entering them next year. You know be a professional like they are in strictly? I've always loved that programme' she shrugged. 'You?'

'I've got unit. I'll run it - I mean I already do - but otherwise I don't know. I'd quite like to have a separate career... You know something that I like doing'

'Maybe teaching could be for you one day too? Teach science and nerd shit?' Alfie smirked.

'Hey I barely know you dude. What do you wanna do?'

'Go into social work. That's why I'm on the education course... There's so many different ways you can go with that - not just teaching'

'I've got no idea what I want to do' Ollie said making John scoff.

'Prison' he mumbled as I slapped him hard.

'I'm doing a geography course but I have no idea where that's going to take me. I'll probably end up working in an office' he shrugged. 'I'll be like everyone else and this will end up being the biggest waste of debt ever'

'What about you?' I asked Lola. I don't know whether I like her or not yet, but I might as well find out about her.

'A social worker. I want to help the kids that have to live in care because they have no choice. I want to make their lives better' she smiled.

It was a pretty deep answer actually. One that I wasn't expecting. But it also made me wonder if John had told her that he was in care for a lot of his life.

'Clara?'

'What?' I asked opening my eyes where I had happily been listening in and resting them from John's shoulder.

'Where do you want to be in 5 years?' Lilly asked.

'Teaching' I yawned.

'And? I mean you've got mother hood awaiting you anyway now...'

'So?'

'Will you be teaching? Will you have time to finish your degree?'

'What I put my mind too I can do. And anyway, I'd like to be teaching at 25, and the head of an English department by the time I'm 35' I shrugged.

'Wow. You realise Richard junior will be 15 by the time you plan that. Wow that's just crazy. Considering that was the age we all met'

'God. I didn't even think of that' I said the realisation hitting me as much as it had just hit John, as I felt him stiffen a little. 'Could we not talk about stuff like that? 5 years not 15' I muttered.

'You started it. And she'll still be 5 in 5 years' Lilly shrugged.

'Lilly. Your freaking me out' I grumbled.

- - -

'So have you put any thought into parenthood?' John asked as it was just me him and Lola left. She didn't seem all that interested in anything that was going on, so we managed to have quite a decent a civil conversation for a moment.

'No. Not in the slightest - only that I can't be a parent. I'm still immature myself. I still take a teddy with me to and from uni and on holidays in case it feels abandoned' I admitted.

'That's more of a comfort thing though - plus the fact your Mum gave it to you makes it more special - I won't take the piss of that'

'It doesn't matter anyway. Because if this family is nice she'll go and live with them and I'll only have to see her occasionally. Problem solved' I said.

John chose to ignore my comment because he and I both know that the closer I get to birth the more he's going to try and persuade me to keep the baby myself - but for now it was a battle between us he had decided not to broach - thank god.

- - -

So I had another book up called "Welcome to HighSchool" I've removed that and have written a highly much better one.

I'm actually really liking it and know where it's going to go - so if you enjoy the Drama then I'd appreciate you go check it out and vote.

I've put the plot summery up underneath and I'm pretty proud of it ;)  (and not too shockingly I've already written about 40 chapters ;)

'Summer of 15 - Big Mistakes..."

Clara Oswald goes on holiday to America the summer after she turns 15. Stuck with family and surrounded by little kids she takes a stroll up the beach alone but will that be the biggest mistake of her life?

After hooking - several times - with the handsome floppy haired idiot who makes her weak at the knees and steals her Virginity will she realise the mistakes she's made?

She returns to England 4 weeks after the most amount of sex any 15 year old could have in one summer and realises what a small world it really is.

Will she be able to keep her hook up a secret from her boyfriend and best friend who seen to be just as taken by bad boy Matt Smith?

This story follows Clara Oswald through her last year of HighSchool and beyond when she shows the new kid around and gets a heck of a lot of surprises she doesn't intend on.

How complicated will it really get?