Chapter 282 - "Quiz Night..."

Clara's PoV

'You'd better be joining our team?' I asked clawing my way through the crowd of people that were surrounding him.

I heard them all grunt in disapproval. I knew it looked like I was the petty girlfriend who was stealing him away but really I just wanted to talk.

I managed to get him away for a few moments but he looked at me and I let go. 'Don't ruin this for me Clara. I could really do with getting completely pissed!!! So just go away. My pregnant girlfriend is not going to help' he snapped storming across the bar.

I was insulted and considered embarrassing him even further but he looked a little pissed and I couldn't be bothered with the argument - so decided to just go and sit down with the rest of the guys.

Let him have his fun.

I noted how Ollie and Alfie had turned up, with Rose and Jack much to John's annoyance and Ollie was trying to have a conversation with him.

'Idiot' I grumbled folding my arms and scolding Richard from afar.

'What's wrong?' John asked.

'He's and idiot' I scoffed.

'It's not often I agree with a hormonal pregnant girl but he is an idiot tonight' Lilly agreed.

'Why? Because he's chatting to some girls? I think he's entitled to speak to whoever he likes' John muttered throwing some things that I said to John back at me.

'Now who's the idiot? I'm not saying he can't talk to people, I just don't know what all of this is over. Let him get drunk, I haven't got a problem with that, I just want to understand why he stormed out on me'

'Just let him have some fun' he defended which was weird but I still couldn't be asked with any of it.

'Whatever' I mumbled, pulling the piece of paper towards me. 'What's the first question?' I grunted keeping an eye on Richard from a far.

John was continuing to insist that I was jealous. I didn't think I was - until now I guess.

I guess he had been all over me for months - at my beckon call whenever I wanted him to be - collecting my sick when I was hunched over a bin - and now he was talking to other people.

I have no rights over him, no claims. It isn't his kid so he is entitled to do what he wants... It was just annoying.

- - -

'It's your fault we didn't win' I snapped at Lilly who seemed to be taking the brunt of today's batch of bitch hormones.

As John likes to say I'm picking people off one by one.

'Why is it? It's just a game Clara. And we still came second' she muttered.

'Lil. We literally get the Central line from Ealing all the time... How could you not know the colour of it on the tube map?' I snapped again.

'I don't know. I don't pay that much attention to the map'

'In all fairness neither do I Lilly but I still know the colours of the map. It's just kind of embedded in British knowledge is it not?' John said trying to defend me.

'Go on then. I dare you to name them' she scoffed.

'Well we can start with Central line' John huffed. 'Which of course is Red... Not Purple' he said rolling his eyes.

'And purple is?' She asked.

John debated awkwardly.

'The metropolitan line' Lola responded suddenly piping up and I stared.

'See he doesn't really know them... Nobody does'

'Lil. Every person in this room got that question right except for us... Because you wrote down the wrong colour'

'Well you didn't try to stop me. You and him were spending your time arguing about which line on the map Green is'

'Only because smarty pants thought that Green was Overground. We literally use the district line as much as we use the Central line... What is the point in living in London it you can't even read a simple tube map. I bet the queen knows what everything stands for - and she has people to work it out for her' I grunted, walking out of the bar.

'I can't believe you guys are arguing about this' Alfie shouted but it was a smirky shout. He couldn't help but find this funny.

'Oh Clara is way too competitive for her own good' John huffed.

'This was supposed to be a nice night out - the last night of our first year yet you three seem completely determined to ruin it' Alfie muttered.

I looked at the ground awkwardly and knew he was right.

Everything he was saying was right. 'I might not get to see you now Clara until Christmas. I don't want us to part on bad terms'

'Okay. Okay. You and I won't part on bad terms anyway. Look maybe we could go back in?' I asked.

'No. Security will never let us back in after that argument. Maybe we could just go back to the house? Play some games or something there?' Alfie suggested.

'Yeah. Sounds good' I mumbled, not actually wanting to go through with this, but at least I would be able to disappear into my own room when it got too much.

Something about what Alfie had just said had kicked into my brain.

I was leaving next Friday and might not be coming back to uni until next year - as in January.

I'm due in October but would have to take some leave after the birth anyway. So the chances of actually coming back to uni before Christmas now we're pretty slim.

'Do you realise I might not be back until next year?' I asked Lilly.

'Yeah. I thought that was the decision?' She asked confused. 'At least that's what I took of our conversation' she shrugged.

'It's not that, it's just now I guess it's hit in more. I'll have a baby in October. That seemed like a long time away. It still does. 3 months seems like ages away - but really it's just around the corner'

'Oh god. Are you having a crisis on Me? Because that is not how I want us all to spend our last night at uni together'