Chapter 335 - "Brown Eyes..."

Clara's PoV

'Can I have Autumn?' I asked as Ollie obliged and shifted my sleeping baby into my arms so, that I could feed her, and they all watched as her mouth opened almost instinctively as I placed the bottle in and she ate away.

'She's not one of those babies who cries all night is she?' Alfie smirked from the kitchen as he plated up dinner. It was kind of nice that he had made dinner for everyone.

'No. She's really good actually. I think she rather enjoys her own company. She just lays there and looks at the ceiling when she's awake. It's quite funny to watch actually' I said, as people gathered in the lounge. 'Where's Crystal?'

'Something came up. She is on her way but her Dad sort of came back into town and she got cornered by him'

'Oh. Sounds awful' I muttered, standing up to put her down.

'Are you taking her away?' John pouted.

'I'm putting her to bed because it's 7.30 which is bed time' I said making them all sad. 'You've all got a year to get acquainted with her' I pointed out and left the room.

- - -

I gently sifted her into the basket after changing her and putting the bow ties onesie on her, then placed her pink dummy in her mouth and crouched down next to the basket.

'You are going to be one spoilt little girl' I said brushing my hand over her cheek as her eyes began to flutter shut. 'Everyone already loves you'

I pulled the pink blanket up over her body and watched as she breathed in and out silently - as her chest rose up and down.

'It always amazes m me how she looked a few weeks ago to what she looks like now' Richard said in a whisper as he came in the room.

'Shush. She's sleeping' I said dimming the lights so that it was dark enough for her to get some sleep peacefully.

'She looks adorable' Richard chuckled.

'She's sleeping. What baby doesn't look adorable when they sleep?' I said putting my phone on charge quickly and setting up the baby monitors, placing one by her head and the other in my hand. 'Now come on. I'm starving' I said pulling the door gently too and headed back to the lounge with Richard hot on my tail.

Thankfully the lounge is on the second floor as is my bedroom which makes it easier to get to and from.

'Here. Eat the spaghetti' Adrien said as he placed the plate on front of me at the table and I dug right in.

'I haven't been able to eat normal food for about 8 months so it's so good even now to be able to tuck into normal food' I said as I was devouring the pasta that was in front of me and that tasted really nice.

It was a great evening because we all had a drink and caught up on each other's summer - everyone had been on holiday apart from me - and they told me all about it.

'I'm going to bed' I said with a stretch, going to the kitchen and started throwing together another bottle.

'She's eating again? God she eats more than me' Adrien chuckled.

'She eats about 100 times a day' I scoffed. 'Anyway she eats now and won't be hungry until about 3am' I said again with a yawn.

'Can I feed her?' Adrien asked.

'Go for it' I instructed knowing she was probably awake and waiting for food as we speak. I handed him the bottle and led him to my room where I wasn't too surprised to find Richard cradling her in his arms. 'Adrien wants to feed her' I said making him share.

He handed her over as I crawled onto the bed and leant against Richards chest who had just mutually decided that he was staying the night - not that anything would be happening tonight - I was way too tired.

'She needs burping' Richard said as Adrien had no idea what he was doing but I was already half asleep. I went to sort her but Richard had already taken her in his arms - and I wasn't going to argue with that.

I trust him with her.

- - -

'Shush. Don't cry. Let's not wake Mummy up quite yet' Richard said as he pulled the fussing baby out of the basket having tucked Clara back up quite nicely.

'Morning' John said as he bumbled around the lounge looking for his trousers.

'Dude we've been here less than 24 hours - how can you be in this much of a mess?' Richard scoffed.

'Easily. I've got a lecture to be at in 40 minutes and still have to get the train' he muttered.

'Are these them?' Richard asked holding up the jeans with the hand that he wasn't holding the baby.

'Hmm. Thanks. Listen I'll see you later for the party'

'Why've you started today again?'

'It's just some introduction stuff. It's complicated. See you tonight' he said waving off Richard and stroking Autumns hand before they were left alone in the lounge.

So Richard flicked the TV on looking for something decent to watch - settling with the dullness of the news and prepared a bottle for Autumn, collapsing on the sofa with her.

He had really taken on the fathering role even though he had no need too. But he felt like Clara would need the help.

'He crawled down on the floor placing Autumn on the blanket and watched her wriggle around on the carpet happily squirming away, as Richard paid absolutely no attention to the news.

Instead he was mesmerised by watching the baby wriggling around. 'Those big brown eyes of yours are going to get you in a lot of trouble when your older. In fact they will get you in a lot of trouble now' Richard chuckled, as she grabbed at his nose. 'Your Mums eyes could get away with murder and so could you' he said.

'I'll try not to commit any murders then' I chuckled grabbing the orange juice and sat on the floor next to them.

'Sorry. Were you awake when I got up?'

'Yeah. I was going to let you have some time but I missed her too much, I even miss her in my sleep' I muttered.

'I get that but you probably shouldn't be up at 4 in the morning just watching her sleep'

'I know. But I can't help it. All mothers have that feeling where they don't want to let their babies out of their sight which I really don't. Like I say even in my sleep I love her so much'