Chapter 352 - "Splinters..."

Clara's PoV

'Are you alright?' Lola asked as she looked at me and coughed through the dust.

'I'm good' I smiled in assurance to her but looked over at John who had hit his head and was stuck under some planks of wood.

'John. Oh god, John' I whispered, crawling over to him and fishing him out, looking for a pulse.

Disaster pretty much follows me - and so I've been here a few times before, but I leant over his fragile frame and kissed his lips gently which were still warm.

'Clara? Are you guys alright?' Richard called down. I let go of his mouth and widened my eyes at Lola.

'Were fine' I scoffed, looking up hoping that he didn't see me do that - but I don't think he did seeing as it was very dusty.

'John? Are you okay?' I breathed as he groaned but looked me in the eye.

'Just fine. You?' He breathed. This was a danger zone and technically all John's fault.

'I'm just glad your okay. Why did you follow me you idiot? I was just fine grabbing the blanket myself.

'It was just a blanket' Lola scoffed.

'It's Autumns blanket and I care about it' I scoffed back.

I had most definitely caught my foot under some of the rubble, but otherwise I seemed okay.

I turned my head though as I clutched onto the blanket that quite frankly was giving me a lot of comfort right now and saw that Lola wasn't as well off.

'I think Lola took the brunt of it... You might want to call an ambulance'

'Obviously, what the hell else do you think we're doing up here?' Richard scoffed.

'There's no need to be rude' I yelled back up feeling really sick from the thick, sticky blood that I could feel dripping and trickling down my cheek.

'Just stay put I guess' Richard said.

'Where's Autumn?'

'She's fine. Lilly's taken her home. She says she'll leave her with Adrien and come to the hospital' he smiled down.

'Great' I mumbled. 'Another Fucking trip to the hospital'

'Don't be like that Clara. Your trapped in wood, you will need to go to the hospital'

I spent so much time at that Fucking hospital with Autumn I really don't want to have to go back.

'What about John?'

'He landed on me but is going strong' I smirked.

'Some might say Clara Oswald that I just saved your life' he smirked.

- - -

'Ow. Please stop' I snapped at the nurse who was pulling the wood out of my forehead.

'Clara stop fussing' John scoffed.

'I'm trying not too - but it hurts' I whined as he suddenly grabbed hold of my hand. 'Where's Richard?' I winced, as I felt John grip to my hand.

'Umm. I don't know' he said through a shoot of pain himself.

'Seriously? What is wrong with you? You just fell through a fucking roof. This might be a good chance to get yourself seen too' I pointed out which did not go down well for John. 

'I'm fine. Just focus on yourself' he mumbled walking out.

'It's just a sprain' my Doctor called Rachel smiled at me. 'It'll be uncomfortable for about a week, but keep it elevated over the next few days and try not to walk on it too much' she said, gently wrapping a cream bandage around the swollen ankle. 'Your lucky really, could have been a lot worse'

'How's Lola?' I asked as John came back in.

'She's fine. Just a couple of broken ribs, fractured wrist and some stitches' he assured.

'And you?'

'Fine' he lied, refusing point blank to get any treatment on his head until he knew that I was okay - which was just ridiculous but really sweet too.

'She needs help John. You have got to make sure that she gets some help' I said kind of panicking about the wrong things right now.

'I'm breaking up with her Clara' he said, as he sat on the side of my bed.

'You can't. I know we said we will be together but she needs you now more than ever' I scoffed. 'I know she put us all in danger but you can't just abandon her when she needs you the most. You didn't when it was me'

'It was different though Clara. I knew at the time'

'What's the real reason for abandoning her? Because your not like that. Autumns fine and in fine and as much as I don't like the girl - she was the one that gave the anonymous information about Felix back at the hearing. She was on our sides--'

'For Fucks sake you know that your the reason I'm breaking up with her' he said really quickly and then went bright red.

'You what?'

'We can't keep going on like this John. Random mumbles of affection, flirting or kissing, it's all just confusing the hell out of me--' I said as I was cut off by his mouth suddenly on mine.

When did he even get that close to me? I have no idea. But at some point it happened and he was kissing me and now I'm kissing him back, whilst still having blood dripping from my head.

'What was that?'

'You just said that you couldn't do this - you just said that you wanted some confirmation. Well there it was. I'm breaking up with Lola because I want to get back together with you. We've spent nights together, we have fun, and you love me. I don't care how you do it - but you break up with Richard and then we'll run away to Canada or something. Just you me and Autumn?'

'Don't be ridiculous' I scoffed. 'You can't tell me who I have to break up with. If I want to be with Richard I will'

'Bit it's not right for you. You know that you want to be with me. Everything we've done, all the sneaking around we've done in the last few weeks. You know I'm what you want... You just have to admit it--' he cut himself off as Richard stumbled into the room,

'Don't go' I begged as he ran quickly leaving me alone as Richard walked in.

'What's he in such a hurry for?'

'He's breaking up with Lola'

'Good. She was weirdo'

'She was ill. She needs help, why does no one else get that?' I tried to stress.

'Because she's a nutcase'

'And so was I back in January and you all stuck around for me - so why not her? You all gave me support and never gave up on all the crazy things that I did. What's so different?'

'Your our friend - we barely know her. Anyway they want to keep you in over night because of your head'

'Great. Another night in the Fucking hospital' I scoffed.

'Please don't swear. You really don't need too' Richard said pushing a strand of hair out of my eyes making me flinch - a) because he had touched me I just felt so guilty about keep kissing John and not telling him, and b) because he was touching my forehead.

Now I must feel like shit and am even more confused now than I was before.