Chapter 229 - "Crystals Lies..."

Clara's PoV

It was a tense bus ride as Lilly twiddled her thumbs and couldn't look me in the eye. I knew whatever was about to happen can't be good.

But I've had some shit in my life and it can't compare to what I'm going through.

I stood in the living room of Crystals as they looked at each other with tense eyes and couldn't decided how to start speaking.

I looked at Lilly looked at Crystal and Crystal looked at me.

'What's up with you two?' Crystal asked, still not at all keen on Lilly. Even after I thought they could pretend to be friends - even if it was just pretend for me. Even after they found they were related they still couldn't be nice to each other.

'Clara tell Crystal. Tell her' Lilly said.

'Tell me what?'

'I--'

'Clara's pregnant Crystal' Lilly said making her eyes widen.

'Your-- its-- its John's?'

'Could be. But let's hope not hey' Lilly said and I was really confused now.

'Would you stop saying that lil. I don't want a child of a rapist' I yelled.

'Lil. Don't' Crystal said in a warning tone and widened her eyes.

Lilly turned to look at Crystal who had gone completely from being calm and collected to looking a wreck in literally nanoseconds. 'We promised. We promised that if this happened she would know'

'But it might not even be his' Crystal said trying to defend herself.

'For fucks sake tell her or I will'

'Did you know this was going happen? I know you've never liked John Lilly but that's so unfair' Crystal said sadly.

'Would someone tell me what an earth the pair of you are talking about' I snapped. 'It's bad enough I'm pregnant with my boyfriends or a rapists baby... Your not making this any easier'

'John slept with Crystal' Lilly blurted out and Crystal looked suddenly so ashamed.

'What?'

'Back in November, after you and John had that massive argument in the lift' she said looking slightly relieved to get it out in the open.

'4 months ago'

I turned to look at Crystal, shock I'm sure all over my face - and hers.

'Is that-- is that true?' I whispered. I thought she had changed. And then realisation hit. 'That was when you thought you were pregnant wasn't it?'

I thought she was one of my best friends now but why would she do that?

'Clara I know you probably hate me right now but I love you. And you can't let him be the father to your child. I think I'd prefer some random guy who gets pleasure out of raping people over him. It was him that said all those horrible things to me. It was all him' she said slumping on the sofa and I stared.