Chapter 210 - "Mission..."

Clara's PoV

After a terrible weekend and spending the entirety of Sunday night crying in racks of sobs - I woke up Monday and went to my lecture.

I felt like I just wanted to hide.

I felt like putting on a baggy jumper and trainers wasn't enough to not stand out - but turns out that did quite the opposite. Turns out me dressing this way attracted more attention than not.

Everyone I spoke too thought I was hungover or just in a terrible mood. The better more truthful option being the latter.

I shuffled my books together and picked up my laptop, then headed to the canteen to grab my dinner. I figured if I got my dinner as take out I could hide in my room for the rest of the evening.

I stood in the cue, folded arms, impatient until I started becoming more and more nervous about everyone and everything around me.

I couldn't face my back to anyone in fear that someone was going to come up behind me.

Richard was right when he pointed out that I just wasn't coping.

It had been six weeks since the incident and already I still was feeling trapped and suffocated.

I was getting closer to the front, but spotted Lilly and Ollie come in with a group of people. I knew if they caught me I wouldn't be able to escape and would be stuck making small talk to a bunch of idiots that I just can't deal with right now. Then they would be talking about going out tonight and I haut didn't want to be faced with that dilemma because I'm never going clubbing again.

Not just that - I can't look at Ollie anymore without seeing Felix's face and how he just run away.

I don't blame him but if he run away - then why wasn't John? Ollie couldn't stand me anymore so how could John or Richard?

I slipped out the back door hoping to God that they hadn't spotted me, then ran off campus.

My only option then was to get dinner off campus, so I stopped in at the metro that was down the road, picking up some essentials such as two bottles of vodka, two boxes of the strongest - and drowsiest - pain killers I could get and a bag of crisps.

Evidently when I looked at what I had bought - food wasn't a priority.

After telling John, I just thought that the pain would start to go away. That I'd feel a little better but it wasn't what was happening - if anything I felt worse.

I took the plastic bag of shopping - well alcohol - and slipped back onto campus.

I knew that my room was out of the question to get drunk because I'd definitely be found quickly. I wanted somewhere rural and out the way to hide.

So I wandered a little and found the back of the church building was my best bet. No one ever came round here and there was an opening of a gap where I could hide out. I had been hiding here for a few days now.

Except on previous days I had bought dinner. Sat out here and ate that. Of course that wasn't enough to rid of the pain and the agony I felt.