Chapter 383 - "Official Dad...?"

Clara's PoV

I woke up the following morning on my own in the bed with a note from John to say that he had to go back to uni because he had a few things to do before we go away skiing.

I could smell bacon cooking downstairs so I knew I wanted to get up.

I lifted Autumn out of the basket and took her down stairs with me, resting her on the blanket on the carpet and chuckled as she wriggled around before silently going into the kitchen to make up a bottle.

I was going back up to uni myself this afternoon, I just didn't want to rush up there.

'Morning' Dad smiled, as I stood shaking the bottle together and put the kettle on.

I then grabbed some baby yoghurt and took that in the lounge with me.

'Yoghurt? Isn't she still a little young for solid foods?'

'I don't care. The sooner she comes off the milk and on actual food the better - so I'm just adding things like yoghurt and rice to her diet' I muttered.

'Not trying to get involved but--'

'You are getting involved. She's my daughter I'll do as I please. Just like you and your skank'

'Please just accept her Clara? Why have you got to be like this?' He whined.

'I'm not being like anything, your the one that's making the problem. Just get rid of her. She's got her green card now. Break her heart before she breaks yours' I scoffed again.

'Clara your making un needed problems?'

'Look, I'll be out of your hair in an hour. I have Autumn's 3 month check at the hospital anyway this morning. You won't have to put up with me much longer' I snapped.

'What about Christmas?'

'What about Christmas?' I asked, confused.

'Are you coming home for Christmas? It's her first Christmas... Please say you are?'

'I haven't decided yet. I'll have to speak to John and see what he is doing' I said not really wanting to spend the holidays with my family or his skank.

- - -

'Clara Oswald. How are you?' Alex chuckled as me and Autumn walked into the hospital and the maternity unit.

I hadn't actually told John that it was her three month check today. Or anyone for that matter. It was just something that I wanted to do on my own.

The sight of the maternity ward made me think back to a few months ago when I was here all the time.

'I'm good. Really good, and so is Autumn' I grinned assuringly, handing her the car seat and got her undressed.

I don't know what exactly is customary at these boring checks. It's the first time really that I would be at one - but I knew she was having some jabs and that they would be pretty uncomfortable for her.

'She's progressing really well Clara. Considering that she was born 5 weeks early... She's actually doing really well'

'You have no idea how happy I am to hear that' I said clapping my hands excitedly. 'How do I go about getting the next check done in America?'

'I'm sorry?'

'I'm going to America next month - well Chicago - for 4 months. I won't be back u too the middle of May. So any other checks that need to be done will be done there right?'