Chapter 204 - "Lies just roll off the Tongue..."

Clara's PoV

'It doesn't look like there's any blood damage. None of them are blood bruises. But there is a possibility of some broken ribs. We'll have to send you got an X-Ray, but these do look like attack bruises' the nurse said.

'Attack?'

'How did they happen?' She asked. I hadn't though properly about how the lie would go down until she said it.

'Attack. God no. I fell down the stairs. There's like six potted plants in those stairs. Probably a terrible idea for student accommodation but hey ho' I shrugged, sucking in a deep breath and feeling a crack as I breathed out.

'Right. If you follow the signs to the x-Ray ward, they'll see you in the cue' she informed us.

We left the room and followed the black signs. 'Fell down the stairs? I could have come up with that one' he chuckled.

'You know how it is... Lies just roll of the tongue when you need then too' I sighed.

- - -

I was sick of the sight of the reception area, where we were seated once again after having waited 3 hours to be seen, then 45 minutes at x-Ray.

'You said you had an essay to finish. It's nearly 7 o clock. You should go and finish it' I said. I felt bad for having dragged him here.

'Done it and submitted it from my phone here' he said. 'Don't panic. What do you think I've been doing on my phone got the last 4 hours Oswald?' He chuckled.

We were finally called back in again after a total of 5 hours in the Emergency department, to be told it was three broken ribs and some severe bruising.

She noted how it was a good job I came in, so I could have a tetanus jab just invade, and provided some stronger painkillers that she instructed would probably knock me out.

After dismissing me with a worried look on her face.

I'm sure by her face she thought this was Richards doing, but it's amazing what people can get wrong from pre judgements.

'What is the point in giving me medication that will knock me out? Every time I want to get rid of the pain I'll have to go to sleep'

'Well she did tell you to rest for a week. I know your stubborn Oswald - but I'll be checking everyday to make sure you do indeed rest' Richard said.

'Why?'

'Why what?'

'Why are you being so caring?'

'Because of the way I found you last night. The fact your hurt and the fact that your my best friend. When Lilly broke up with me - you didn't abandon me. You could have but didn't, now I'm just repaying the favour I guess'

- - -

After stopping off for dinner because after 6 hours in a the hospital and having bit really had breakfast we were both starved.

We went back to my room and Richard offered to stay the night again, which I was really grate full of but he was only offering to make sure I took the pain med's and got some good sleep.

'Right. Your all in pyjamas and snuggled up. I'll go and make some tea - then you can take the med's' he said exiting the room.

Richard headed into the common room and filled the kettle up, dropping two tea bags in the mugs.

He lifted his head as he heard a whistle from behind him and come into the room.

'Hey Richard. What you doing here dude?' Ollie asked casually stepping closer to Richard.

He may be sleeping with Lilly but Richard always used to think that Ollie was a good guy. He defended him when John picked on him but now he knew what he could really be like - be realised he should have stuck up for John.

'Bastard' Richard mumbled turning away not wanting to break his promise to Clara.

'Wait what did you say?' Ollie snapped.

'You heard'

'I don't get it?' Ollie muttered confused but picked up the phone charger he came to the common room to get.

'I found Clara last night' Richard mumbled, taking the spoon and stirring the tea, making Ollie more than aware that he was handling scolding hot water.

'Well good for you? What were you playing hide and seek?' Ollie chuckled, making Richard fling the spoon on the side and snap.

'You coward. How dare you stand there and joke? You think it's funny what happened? She told me how you looked at her - all bleeding and in pieces and how you ran away like a Fucking prick. Just left a vulnerable girl stuck. In pieces to cry and get punched. And then to not even have the decency to check up on her later' Richard yelled.

'Woah. Dude. It wasn't like that. I wasn't getting involved' Ollie defended.

'No you just stood and watch it all take place'

Ollie smiled and stepped forward. 'I couldn't do anything and no harm was done' he shrugged.

'That's such a typical ass thing to say. There was a lot of harm done. 3 broken ribs? A massive cut to her forehead. Her dignity. Her innocence. Her mind. It ain't funny. She was Fucking raped last night and you did beggar all to stop it'

'Cause you did so much' Ollie said rolling his eyes.

So Fucking help me if you cross my path again. I will punch you into next month - then leave you like you left her' Richard threatened poking him in the chest.

It was safe to say that Ollie didn't take it seriously but all Richard could bow think about was how much of an ass Ollie was and how much shit Lilly could get herself into.

- - -

'What took you so long?' I winced pulling my pyjama shorts up, and looked at the top on the bed.

'Bumped into a slime all that's all' he tutted, gently coming towards me and picked the top up, pushing the sleeves on my arms and back over my head, then grabbed my hand and she fly lowered me into the bed.

'Leave it Richard. Anyone would have run away. You can't blame him for that. I wish I could have run away'

'Oh come off it Clara. You don't just watch someone get beaten to a pulp and run away. He could have at least called the police'

'I did tell him to run' I panted, as I took sip of the tea and downed the two tablets he handed me.

'It's just a figure of speech in a bad situation... You can't and don't just run. And Lilly's dating him for fucks sake' he said rambling on and cleaning up, but the nurse was right.

The tablets knocked me out in minutes.