Chapter 341 - "Hearing..."

Clara's PoV

I rolled over in bed having woken up in the middle of the night in an absolute state.

But rolled into Richards arms early in the morning and just stayed silent. 'I know your awake Clara' he said, holding my glasses over me so I could see again, and just hugged him closer pulling his arms to wrap around me.

I can be pretty needy when I want to be and today is going to be a needy day.

'I'm sorry about last night. Good job I didn't go into full meltdown mode... I probably wouldn't have come out of it in time for the court hearing'

'I know. And it's okay. I didn't really think about how hard it would be too go and see him today and then to look at Autumn'

'I don't regret it though. I wouldn't change things for the world. Even if I don't like looking at her right this second' I sighed.

'Once he's out of your life it will get easier'

'Thanks for the sex as well. I'm so sorry. I get really needy when I melt down. If you hadn't have been here for sex I don't know what I would have done' I sighed.

But the truth is... I know exactly what I would have done. When John was crouched down in front of me... I could have gone at him there and then.

- - -

'How do I look?'

'Well your not going to a party, but you look fine. God you look like your back in sixth form again' Richard smirked as I turned to see him in his suit.

'So do you. The ironic part is that this is the uniform I wore in year 13' I said looking at myself in my black skirt quite a way above my knees, white shirt, and black cardigan.

I felt like a school child again going in for detention.

Lilly was wearing one of her old school uniform suits and John was in his suit which made me want to die.

The uniforms just reminded me of a simpler time where there was much less stress and much less drama.

I thought sixth form was bad... But real life is so much worse.

- - -

The four of us piled into John's car and he drove us back to Ealing where the court was and we checked in seeing my lawyer, as she ushered me and Richard off to another room seeing as we were both to speak.

I turned round and hugged Lilly which did help, and then hugged John tightly as he whispered good luck and how it would all be okay, kissed my forehead, and then I followed them.

'You just have to stay in here with the other witnesses until your called, you'll probably be called a couple of times Clara, each time you'll be asked very specific questions okay?'

I nodded my head and sat down at one of the sofas in Richards arms as we chatted silently amongst ourselves trying to keep my nerves at bay.

I was even more nervous when Ollie was called out to speak and saw him in his black suit and tie all dressed up smart.

I've barely said two words to him since the whole incident happened and he's avoided me too. He held Autumn once and I live with him - I just haven't said anything to him.

'Just stay calm Clara. I can already feel you getting tense about all this' Richard said rubbing my arms as I was requested.

'Clara. Your up' my lawyer said soothingly as Max appeared and escorted me out. I felt a little bit more relaxed about Max being there because I guess I knew him a bit. 'Just answer the questions they ask you and do yourself a favour and don't look at him' she smiled.

I walked through the door behind Max and swore by doing the oath, but all I could really be aware of was the fact that Felix was in the room with me.

I couldn't deal with that fact it was just making me feel sick.

He sat in a glass room on a wooden chair, in a prison uniform, hair swooped around like it could desperately do with a hair cut and he hadn't even looked like he had showered for this at all.

He doesn't look anything like I remembered him the first time I saw him, and it looked completely like he hadn't bothered making an effort at all.

But suddenly it was all coming back to me. All the things that happened that night that I just couldn't get out of my head.

The laughs. My screams. It made me feel nauseous.

'Clara Oswald?' The judge said and someone else stood in front of them as they looked at me with piercing eyes.

- - -

'Richard Madden?'

'Please don't leave me alone in here' I begged him as he stood up and I clutched onto his arm. 'Please don't leave me alone'

'It's going to be okay Clara' Richard assured me.

'It's alright. Your coming out too now' someone smiled at me as they led me out to the stands to sit and listen but it was a different way to Richard.

He said his oath and they looked at him now.

I don't know how he managed to stay so calm and collected about all this, because I was nervous as Fuck. I was literally on the brink of tears.

'We have statements to the way that Miss Oswald was found on the night of the 10th of January. We heard that you were the one to find her?' She asked.

'Yeah. It was just after 2am when she phoned me and asked me to go and find her, I was in the club near by with a couple of friends' he confirmed.

'And you didn't call the police? Why?'

'She asked me not too' Richard said which wasn't a lie either. I remember instructing him not to call the police, which is when they turned to me.

'Why? Was it because you had a guilty conscience. You didn't want to admit that it wasn't Felix? Because you wanted someone to blame and to get him in trouble? What reason would you have for that?'

'No. No. It wasn't like that' I stressed which is exactly the reason I didn't want to do this. 'I didn't want my boyfriend finding out. I didn't want to cause a fuss. I didn't know then I was pregnant with his kid' I said looking down at my hands.

'Stop. Let him tell you how he found her. It could be the same' someone said.

They all turned to Richard thankfully taking the spotlight off me but I've hardly said my bit myself - which I knew was coming next by the way they led me to near where Richard was standing.

'I found her because I followed the trail of blood on the concrete. She was in a bad way and really frightened. He'd left her with blood down her face and half undressed. I managed to get her to the car and home, but she was struggling to walk. Of course we didn't know then that she had broken a couple of ribs' Richard said.

'And had you had any other sexual encounters with Felix?' She asked looking at me, as Richard stepped out and I stepped in.

'What no'

'So you got pregnant that night?'