Chapter 214 - "Coward..."

Clara's PoV

'Wow, I forget what your place looks like' I said opening Richards door and wandering in.

'Hey Oswald... Oh my god is that a smile on your face? I barely recognise it'

'I know. I hardly recognise the feeling of having a laugh... But I bought some dinner so thought we could?'

'What's the catch?'

'No catch. You looked after me when I was in need and seeing as the fact that your hand is bandaged up and hardly able to make tea is because of me - I've come to keep you company' I smiled, skipping in with the chicken I had picked up. 'And anyway - we need to eat it while it's still hot'

We snuggled up again and watched films for the evening - and I had even managed to get him into watching Downton abbey.

We were half way though series 2 when we decided to call it a night.

I stood up and yawned realising it was later than I thought. 'Can I stay? It's just I still hate going out at night in the dark...' I said dragging off.

'Sure thing Oswald, there's loads of room in the bed. We can top and tail it. As long as you don't mind my feet in your face all night' he smirked.

'I'm a lot shorter than you. I'll just snuggle up and curl up in a ball. Your feet will not be a problem'

- - -

'I think that's all we'll need. But your sure you didn't see him touch her?' The policeman asked Ollie as he sat twiddling his thumbs.

'I don't know'

'Is that so because a moment ago you said you had seen nothing - now you don't know. If you did see him touch her - it will help'

Ollie was panicking and sweating all at the same time. He didn't know what to do. If they caught Felix then they would catch him.

'I mean. He kicked her. But I ran away. I saw it after the rape I think - I don't know that he did Rape her - and I ran away before he beat her up okay' he said.

That wasn't a lie.

The policeman did not look at all convinced of course. 'Right. I'll give you a call if we need any more information. Chances are you'll need to make a witness statement.'

'But I saw nothing'

'You did however see the man - Felix - who allegedly raped Miss Oswald?'

'Yes' he sighed.

'Then you can give a description. If it matches Miss Oswald's then we can go about finding him a lot easier with more information to go on' he said leaving the common room.

- - -

'You told the police? Why the Fuck would you tell the police? And why would you tell them I was there?' Ollie demanded as I was making tea for me, Richard and John in the common room.

'What?'

'Why'd you get the police involved? Things were going just fine'

'For you maybe. I'm the one who can't sleep at night. Or leave the house alone again. It doesn't matter anyway, you didn't see anything, you just saw him. If you just give a description you'll be fine' I shrugged.

'You don't get it do you? I did something stupid. You have to withdraw that statement, tell them it didn't happen. If they track him down he'll put me in shit' Ollie begged.

'It's not her problem' Richard defended. 'I came to see what was taking so long' he said looking at me. 'If your in shit that isn't her problem - but why shouldn't she tell the police'

'If you tell me I might change my mind' I said hushing Richard and waiting for John to stick his nose in. Before I knew it Lilly was here as well creating a whole audience to watch this.

'Why did you leave the club? You were in a huff when you left. I saw you leave. So I can be eyewitness to that one' Richard said.

'It doesn't matter'

'You must have been looking for Felix otherwise you wouldn't have known where he was'

'Fine okay. He said he was only going to have a laugh. Smoke a bit of weed. Just a laugh. I didn't realise he was going to do that - and I swear I didn't know he was going to choose Clara'

'You pig ignorant bastard' John said flying across the room and grabbing Ollie by the neck.

'John' I cried.

'If you don't punch him - I will' Richard said advancing as well.

'You Fucking knew that this was happening. Your went to join in? And yet when you found out what was happening you just walked away?'

'What was I supposed to do? I did try and make him stop. But it was too late. He'd already done the deed'

'And you didn't call the police because you didn't want to get yourself into shit. Things are suddenly starting to make far more sense than they did before' I mumbled.

'Fine. Yes. I didn't want to get myself into shit. My fault I know. I'm sorry Clara but you would have done the same thing' Ollie said as John punched him square around the jaw.

'She never would have been looking for Fucking weed in the first place. She isn't a coward like you and knows how to say no'

'I just wanted some fun. I was promised getting high and didn't want you getting involved Lilly. How was into know he'd choose Clara' he defended once again while rubbing his jaw, which was starting to swell.

I sighed and wrapped some ice in a towel.

'He doesn't deserve your gratitude Clara' John snapped as I handed him the ice.

'No he deserved to be punched into next week but neither of you are going to do that and we all know that' I said as Alfie walked in.

'Oo, party in the lounge. Can I join?'

'There's no party' John said through gritted teeth.

'What's up with you?' Alfie smirked as Ollie removed the towel. 'Who did that?'

'He Fucking deserved it'

'What?' Alfie snapped.

'No it's true Alf. I did indeed deserve it. I made a bit of a fool of myself'

'You will give that statement and description to the police - purely because you owe it to Clara. If you don't... I'll personally tell them. Don't make an enemy of me Ollie because your already on thin ice. Don't make an enemy because you and me could have a chat and you will come out worse'

'John. No. Please don't threaten him. Just leave him to his own games'

'I have never been so disgusted with you man. And you've done some shit. Including being a shit brother' Alfie said following is out and threw the ice in his brothers hand.