Chapter 377 - "Fancy..."

Clara's PoV

'Right. Open the door will you. And hurry up its cold in just my swim shorts' John mumbled, handing me the key.

'You could always do it'

'Just open the bloody door Clara' he rambled, making me tap the card on the door and open it. My original plan was to bolt straight to the bathroom so that k could jump in the shower first, but unfortunately someone else beat me there.

'Oi' I scoffed, slamming on the bathroom door and then noticing all the balloons that were covering the room. 'Oh my god' I whispered, in absolute astonishment that he had done this.

There was balloons and a cake and a couple of bags of presents on the bed.

I ran my hand over the bags and just shook my head. 'John this is amazing. But I thought we agreed that the biking stuff was my birthday present?'

'It was. But you didn't think I wouldn't actually give you presents on your birthday did you? That would be all wrong' he smirked exiting the bathroom, still in his swim trunks and wrapped with an extra towel. 'Open them'

'I will. But I need a shower first. I feel disgusting' I mumbled. 'Chlorine all over me'

'Fair enough' he said locking the hotel door and the interconnecting room door so that no one can get in. 'Come on then'

'Huh?'

'Well we're hitting the bar later, and we're having a posh fancy dinner downstairs at 8 - tables booked - but for now we can always have a bath? I bought bath bombs' he grinned, presenting them in front of me.

'Deal' I smirked, switching the hot tap on of the massive bath, that was about the size of a hot tub, and started to peel my bikini off and stepped in once it was deep enough.

Once I was in, John decided it was only right to join me, and so we relaxed - in every sense of the word - surrounded by bubbles.

- - -

'You look amazing' he grinned as he zipped the back of my dress up pretty slowly and seductively.

'Oi. I can feel what your doing' I scoffed at him, turning round.

'I'm not doing a thing' he says defensively.

'Liar. Now come on. I want to see everyone'

'Wait. This place is quite a fancy upper class place' he said as we left.

'So?'

'I don't know I'm just warning you'

'Consider me warned' I joked taking his hand and we met everyone else outside the restaurant.

I wasn't really sure at all what to order as he was right - it was all pretty fancy stuff. I'm it really a fancy person, but it was nice anyway.

'So what exactly is it?' I asked as the stater was placed in front of us.

The waiter kind of hated us because he could just tell that we had never been to a fancy restaurant before. He even asked us where we were staying the dozy bastard.

If we hadn't have been staying in the hotel - then he would have assumed that we couldn't afford such a place.

Bastard.

'It's basically just a Pâté with fancy vegetables and stuff around it' he shrugged.

'So is it time for presents now? She never opened the ones you have her. Present time' Richard said excitedly.

'I'm eating Pâté' I said awkwardly because it was really nice but I was using the wrong spoon - which Richard taught me.

'Do you not know table etiquette?'

'No. All I know is that there's about 30 spoons at the kitchen table that we just don't need. If it was down to me I would eat my Pâté, desert and coffee with a table spoon'

'Eew. Clara. Even I'm not that gross' Lilly mumbled.

'Why do I need so much cutlery? It's just not environmentally friendly'

'Says the sustainability police. Just open the damn present' Richard said excitedly rolling his eyes.

I looked down at the small box and knew what it was straight away. I figured it was another charm for my bracelet which they practically fight over now, because they both want to put charms on it - but it's really full.

It wasn't though.

It was a beautiful silver chained necklace, with a small silver heart hanging off with a locket that had a picture of me and Autumn in it.

'This is beautiful' I said almost in tears.

'I know right. I bought it a couple months back. Then you know... But I figured you might as well have it anyway' he shrugged, as John just looked down at the table silently.

I wasn't going to say anything and neither was John - because they had both now bought me a necklace k wear and they were pretty similar except John's was a pendent not a locket.

'Thank you so much' I said standing and giving him a hug. It wasn't too awkward but I could feel a small tension around the table that really just needed to disappear - sooner rather than later.

'It's cool. I also got you an awesome t shirt from Mexico' he said handing me the White t shirt that wasn't wrapped but had a picture of a sombrero on it.

'This is exactly the one you bought Autumn?'

'Yeah I know. Thought it would look cute on the both of you - and buy does it' he laughed, as I sat down and diverted conversation to something a little more lighthearted.

- - -

'Do you prefer it to what I bought?'

'I'm not even going to answer that question' I said, collapsing on the bed in my pyjama shorts and jumper, then snuggled up a little absolutely stuffed from the brownie and a half that I had just devoured.

'Which one will you wear most?'

'Please John. Don't make me answer that one otherwise I just won't wear either of them and that will be really said because they are both really nice' I whined. 'Now get into the bed otherwise I'll just snuggle up to myself and I don't want go argue when we've had such a great weekend'