Chapter 290 - "Begging..."

Clara's PoV

'Is she okay? I don't understand what's going on?' Mrs Strachan demanded as Clara bolted from the room under the assistance of a police woman.

'You'll understand that this situation became serious as soon as she found out she was pregnant - and the chances of your son being the Father are quite high'

'No. That's not possible. You didn't do it did you? Tell me god you didn't do that to that poor girl' she said down at her son.

'I'm not saying a word' he mumbled.

'One of our witnesses - of whom must have been Clara's friend gave a witness statement a week ago claiming he was there when she was raped and gave us the information we needed to track your son'

'I don't want a kid'

'Well your in luck because we don't know for sure that it is yours. Let's hope for everyone's sake it isn't but in the meantime; your under arrest and will not be released on bail. I think we have all the evidence that we need' Max said.

- - -

'Please. Don't let them send me back to jail. I'll give you money. Food. A roof over the kids head. I don't want any part in its life - just please retract your statement' Felix whispered as my eyes widened.

'Your joking right?' I snapped.

'Clara' his mother said as the policeman took him out of the room. 'Did he really? I mean is there really a chance it could be his?'

'Yes' I mumbled.

'As soon as the child is born social services will inform the prison station where he will be held. A swab test will be taken so we can determine the paternity. It's up to Clara what happens then. You can either apply to have him take legal responsibility of the kid and give you money - of you can apply to allow him no involvement at all - claiming your boyfriend the Father' the inspector explained now.

I felt like I had spoken to so many people today that all I wanted to do was have my dinner in bed and snuggle up all evening.

'Could we stop referring to my child as a kid. She will do just fine' I muttered.

'Out of interest what are you going to do?' Mrs Strachan asked me.

I sighed and looked at my hands finally admitting something that needed to be said for a long time.

'I wish I could sit here and say that my ex-boyfriend was the Father - but just from the number of weeks I am I already know he's not. I wish I thought at the time of the morning after pill - or even abortion - but I love her now despite the fact that she's not the Daughter of my ex-boyfriend. I just need that swab test for piece of mind. And no. Your son won't have any involvement... If he doesn't agree to that I will take legal action' I snapped.

She nodded sadly.

'So it's a girl?'

'What does it matter? You won't ever see her... And neither will he' I said as Max realised this was getting off the point. Of course he admitted he'd rather it happened here under protection than out there where she could find me or harm me - but I couldn't see that happening.

- - -

'Social services will sort out the test as soon as she is born. Swabs will be taken from all four of us and then they will be able to determine who is the Father' I said to them.

As John stepped out of the room I looked at Lilly and she looked at me.

'How long are you going to let him live with the hope that she's his child?' Lilly asked.

'As long as he believes it must be true... And she is his. When she's born - if they tell me she's not his biologically I will fight tooth and nail to make sure that he gets rights over her'

'Is it possible?'

'Yeah. I've been looking into it. And I have a pretty reasonable case in order to get that' I shrugged.

'Wow. Are you still considering giving her up? I mean after all this worry and panic will you still give her up for adoption?'

'I don't know. I really just don't know yet' I mumbled. 'I love her so much'

'And what about Richard? Where does he belong in a this? Because if your still dating him he's going to want to be involved. You can't just ignore that' 

We left the police station and walked into the car park, but someone caught up with me. 'Clara. Clara please wait' Ollie shouted.

'I said I didn't want you in the room - thus I'm not interested in what you actually have to say' I snapped.

'Please. I want to explain. Explain how I know him'

'I really don't t want to know. I guess it was you though that gave them the address? Thanks for that I suppose because at least I can get a DNA test now but... Otherwise... See you later'

'John. Mate. Let me explain. Please?' Ollie said.

'You could just let him explain Clara. He is begging' John said eyebrow raised. 'I guess he has sort of just helped out' John shrugged.

Crap. If he's on Ollie's side then I've really got no chance.

'I've got to go to work' I muttered shouting back, stropping off to the car. It didn't surprise me that they exchanged numbers.

John got a call later that night.