Chapter 301 - "Ice Cream Flavours and Trips..."

Clara's PoV

'So I've spoken to Julie and Raymond... And they're more than happy for you to keep her if you want to. They only take in children if the parents are absolutely happy about it. So we could keep her?' John asked hopefully as I we sat in the lounge on basically the hottest day of the year nearing the end of August.

'How did you know I was considering keeping her?'

'Richard may have told me. I didn't want to say anything until now... But if you want to keep her..."

I was feeling more and more exhausted lately but was confused as to why because I could feel that she had started to calm down inside me.

This was something I had bought up at my last scan but they didn't seem all that bothered by it.

Apparently by the end of pregnancy babies start to calm down in preparation for being born anyway.

John kept getting frustrated that he couldn't feel her anymore but her pattern of sleeping had changed since Paris and I found she was awake at night more, and he no longer had the privileges of nighttime feeling anymore. So the only one that does ever feel her now is Richard.

Again, more prep for night feeds I'm sure.

'Maybe. I still just don't know what I want to do yet' I mumbled. 'Aren't you supposed to be going to Spain tomorrow?'

'I was going too. But I don't want to leave you. I know what your like. I'll go and you'll start going crazy, working all the time and you'll strain yourself'

'John. I've still got six weeks to go and I'm supposed to be on rest now anyway... Using the word rest lightly I have to say... But I promise I'll be good. And Jane will watch me and keep an eye' I said.

'I'll be here too dude. Don't worry about her'

'Your no better. If I leave her in your hands you'll have her on a motorcycle before I get back' he tutted.

'No I won't. She just watches me' he mumbled.

'Give her half a chance and she would be on that bike with you and you know it. Pregnant or not' John snapped.

I wanted him to go.

He was invited to a convention in Spain for science nerds, and I know how much he wants to go.

'It's only for 5 days John. You'll be back before I have time to blink. And you have a new phone now so we might actually be able to communicate' I smirked.

'Only if you sure. But I do really want to go' he said showing us pictures of last year. He didn't go last year but one of his friends from unit did which was the reason he got all hyped.

It took me some time to convince him, but he needed to go for himself and like
I say, I'm still 6 weeks away from my due date, so I knew I would be okay.

I suggested he take Lola with him. But he said he didn't want to put her out. But I know that if I had said I would go with him then he wouldn't blink twice about it.

- - -

'That bloody phone was a joke though. Do you think he took it with him? We could get rid of it while he's away... Or at least hide the bloody thing' I smirked at Richard.

'The thing was a dinosaur. For someone who's all about the tech, and science you'd think he'd want a decent phone to do all that with - but he couldn't even send a coherent text on that thing'

'Agreed. The last text I received on that phone was not pretty. After a while I started understanding the in corrections.... That's just how long he had that thing' I chuckled, grabbing two bowels from the cupboard.

'You okay?' He asked as I stopped for a moment.

'Yeah, she's just having a stretch. I feel her way more these days than I used too' I shrugged. 'What flavour?'

'Mm. Definitely chocolate chip with chocolate sauce and a hint of chocolate brownie'

I rolled my eyes. 'You'd better go to the pantry shed outside and get the brownie then'

'I'm on it' he chuckled.

I love Richard. But he was starting to my head in. I needed to be alone to just sleep and sleep... Oh and sleep. But he's under my feet the entire time.

John's been away for two days and Richard hasn't let me so much as go to the toilet on my own.

What I really wanted was a bath. She was wriggling around today more than usual, which was stressing me out and making me more exhausted.

'Here. Chocolate Brownie. Present and correct. What you having?'

'Strawberry obviously' I pointed out.

'What are your plans for the evening?' He asked as we sat on the sofa and watched the 4th series of Downton abbey. It had taken us ages to get this far in but to be fair shit had happened and so much stuff had come up.

'I'm having a bath in about half an hour and then I think I'll just go to bed' I shrugged as snuffles came to join us on the sofa.

Since my Dad was away he had nowhere else to go and since I'm staying at Janes with John and David, I had asked to bring him here.

But Snuffles loves Jane. He always goes and sits with her in the evening while she has her tea and watches her soaps. I think truthfully Jane will miss snuffles even though she always makes a fuss when John ask's if he can stay.

Snuffles of course doesn't like David. Growl's at him whenever he tries to come near me.

For instance last night we all were watching TV when she was kicking and David asked if he could feel his potential future great niece kicking. He thought it was a bit weird but everyone else has felt her kick so why not?

But as soon as he so much as moved to sit next to me on the sofa Snuffles was not happy, and moved to sit by my feet.

I wasn't sure if it was for protection of me or but I guessed it was a dog thing. But they say dogs can sense things? So maybe this was just a protection thing?

'Okay, let me know when you want to go to bed and we can watch Star Wars of you like?'

'Can I sleep in the room alone tonight? As much as I like having you there and having the company... I just need a break?' I asked nervously.

'Oh. Sure. In fact that's good - mind if I pop home and grab a couple of things? I'm having to wear underpants inside out. I don't like relying on Jane to do my washing all the time'

'That is absolutely fine, and will not be a problem' I smirked, dumping the bowl in the dishwasher and heading up the stairs.