Chapter 266 - "Blood..."

Clara's PoV

'Okay. Just keep talking to me' John  begged.

'About?' Richard mumbled in a haze. The blood loss was really starting to get him and make him a lot more dizzy and faint than John wanted.

There was no way to get any blood into his system which was making it much more difficult for Richard to stay conscious.

He must of lost about 2 litres of bill of so far.

'Tell me about your Mum. Where's she at the moment?' John asked as he stepped up, and managed to pull his foot along with him.

'I don't know. What the hell has that got to do with this situation?' Richard mumbled.

'I want to make sure that your still awake. I'm climbing up but I can't look down at the same time, so talk to me. Doesn't have to be about your Mum. Could be about anything' John shrugged as best he could, and shouted down. 'You choose the subject'

'John. Please-- please don't fall. That-- that's all I-- need' Richard murmured getting more and more light headed as he went.

'Just keep talking dude. I'm nearly up a bit' John said as he pulled the phone out of his jeans pocket.

- - -

'Okay. I tried. Well just have to wait until morning. But I don't think you'll make it to morning' John said in a bit of a panic. 'There's so much blood' he winced.

'I'm fine dude. I'm fine I swear. I just need sleep'

'No that's the last thing you need. Do not go to sleep' John said sitting back down on ground, and watched Richard shaking from the cold and fear. 'This is all my fault' John sighed.

'If-- if you hadn't have punched me in the face-- we-- we wouldn't be down here' Richard mumbled.

'That was stupid. Your my best friend. I don't even know why it gets to me so much. It's just the anger in me I guess'

'Because-- it's because you still love Clara. And-- and I get that. I do. But she-- she's with me now'

'If she'd just accept my proposal'

'John please. I've -- I've got such a Fucking headache. Can we please -- please stop talking about this' Richard begged.

'Right. Okay. I can't think of anything else to talk about right now. God we used to be so close that we could talk about anything - now look'

'We still haven't had that conversation-- about toast. That'll do for now' Richard smirked trying to make the situation a little more light hearted but there was no escaping how much pain he was in.

'Toast. Yeah. I guess toast sounds good to eat right now'

'Have you thought about climbing out. You were half way up. See if you can climb to the top?' Richard said through blurry eyes.

'Oh my god. I might be able to' John said as if he should have thought of that. He really should have in fairness. 'Just hang in dude. I'll get help. Do not close your eyes' John snapped as he shouted down, whilst climbing up.

He stood up on the bad foot again, which was hurting but he felt it was kind of minimal at the moment, and started climbing up.

He managed to grab onto some rocks having a blurry moment where he almost fell back down into the ditch, and would have landed on Richard.

That certainly wouldn't have helped his injuries right now.

But he was rather relieved to have managed to get out of the ditch without falling back in.

It was touch and go as he made it to the top, climbing out and taking a small breather at the top.

He looked down a little and was proud of his accomplishment hit he got them into this mess in the first place, but it looked pretty deep.

He couldn't even see Richard in to dark, so he shone his phone down. 'I'm at the top and still no Fucking signal' he shouted.

There's no way he would have gotten Richard out of the ditch that way. He's way to injured for that - but he wishes now he could have.

He leant on a tree nearby and pulled out his phone.

He limped to the entrance of the ditch and looked down once again. 'Dude. Just hang in there... I'm going to walk up a bit. Just try to not move and don't shut your eyes' John yelled.

'I'll -- I'll try' Richard shouted back up in barely a whisper.

John barely made it about 10 feet without wincing and yelling out in pain, then grabbed onto the tree.

- - -

It took him a good half an hour - but he managed to get away from the ditch, having just walked straight so he could get quickly back to Richard,

He was panicking quite a lot at the fact that he had now lost contact with Richard, but had never been more relived to stumble into the original starting point centre.

Richard was right. They were all here.

'John?' Lilly gasped running towards him and helping him to stand.

'Where's Richard?' Was all Clara could stutter out in that moment. He would be offended but Richards still stick down a ditch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey Guys.

Wanted to say thanks for getting this book to so many views, and the first book. Over 13k together #yay. I also got 100 followers this week which I'm excited about so thanks guys for your votes and comments :)

I am advertising yes another Whouffle AU book but I really loved this idea and hope you all check it out. It's coming along really well and I've got lots of plans.

For those of your wondering Purely John and Clara :) Yay. Anyway the plot is underneath so read the plot and check it out:)

It's called "Options... There must be other Options..."

Thanks guys. -Chloe :)

"Clara married John Smith the love of her life (and High School Sweetheart - not to sound cheesy at all) at 25 years old. They Married and lived happily together for 2 years and had their two children Avia and Evelyn. One Day John packs his bags and leaves on the whim of Clara but demands he takes his baby with him.

After a huge argument leaves them both deflated and depressed John packs up and heads back to America - with his children - but will he ever return?

What will be in store for Clara if somehow they managed to cross paths again?

Will their kids ever meet their Mum? And will they remember her at all? "