The Bull and the Hare

As a Bull Faunus you have the horns of the bull on your head and its tail :3

Ironwood pov

I sat in my office looking at my most promising students paper. (f/n) (l/n). He showed such promise with his skills and abilities. Being able to best most of his senior in hand to hand combat or an actual fight. But he had one horrendous down side, his shyness. No matter what he never participated in class unless he was forced. He never stood out and was always attracting the attention of other students bullying him. I sighed scratching my head before pressing my finger on the button for the speaker.

Ironwood: "Would (l/n) report to my office right away." I said before removing my finger. With the mandatory policy of arrival within a few minutes I waited patiently. Soon the knob turned as the door slowly opened as he stuck his head inside slightly.
(Y/n): "Y-You needed me sir?"
Ironwood: "Yes yes, come in and sit down." I said gesturing to the seats infront of my desk. He nodded coming in and slowly shutting the door before sitting down. "Now (y/n)... You are one of my most promising soldiers in training. Even with the discrimination you face as a faunus. But as it stands I am going to have to remove you from my school." I said as he just looked down nodding his head slowly. 
(Y/n): "I-I'm sorry..." He stuttered out as I sighed. if only he wasn't such a timid first year he wouldn't be here.
Ironwood: "It's fine boy. I am going to schedule us an interview at another school that might be more suited for you." I said as he looked up at me with an almost shocked expression.

5 days later at Ozpins office

Ozpin: "So what do I owe this visit from you James?"
Ironwood: "Well you see I have a new student for you from my school." I said handing over the papers on (Y/n). I watched as Ozpin just lifted one of his eyebrows before examining the papers.
Ozpin: : "Hmm... I will take him but on a single condition."
Ironwood: "And that would be?"
Ozpin: "I want to see a live performance. out papers on him speak very highly about his combat proficiency but thats just that. Papers. I will take my judgement from his skills." He said as I nodded agreeing to the condition as I headed out. I radioed back to Winter telling her to let (y/n) know what was gonna happen. I looked at the palm of my hand opening it and closing it. I didn't want to send the boy off but he was too shy to make a good soldier like Winter or the others.

2 days later Velvet pov

I was walking with the others as there was a major assembly going on outside the school. Almost the entire school and staff were coming to see this. I looked at Coco as she just shrugged. I could guess she didn't know what was going on either. Slowly we made our way to the front of the crowd as I watched the Bullhead's landing gear went door and opened up. The excited murmurs of all the students were silenced as we watched three people step out of the Bullhead. One was James Ironwood and the other was Winter Schnee his top commanding officer. But the third looked like a student. He was staring at the ground as I saw his horns protruding from his and his tail slowly swaying in the wind. But pour attention was grabbed by Ozpin as he held a mic in his hand.

Ozpin: : "I am glad you all came out here. Today we are going to welcome a new student in a different way. First off lets have him introduce himself." He said handing the mic to the student. He took it slowly, almost scared and mumbled into the mic. No one heard a thing as I noticed Ironwood shake his head.
Ironwood: "Louder!!"
(Y/n): "Y-Y-Yes sir... S-Sorry... I-I-I'm (Y/n)..." He said we all heard quite a few snickers from the crowd. I heard comments such as... Pathetic faunus. Doesn't even deserve to stand shoulder to shoulder with them. He doesnt even deserve to live. And the worst one... Cardin is gonna have fun breaking in this little bitch.

I clutched my chest looking over at Coco as even though she had her sunglasses on. I could just see the rage in her eyes hearing all these things. I was about to ask her if she was okay until Ozpin took the mic again.

Ozpin: "Does any of the students wish to try a sparring match with (Y/n)?" He asked as I heard chuckling and laughter. But I watched as Cardin and his cronies stepped forward with smirks on their faces. I felt Coco putting her hand on my shoulder and felt it tightening. I flinched from how hard she was squeezing. I watched as they just started fighting hand to hand. The new kid was just ducking and dodging, weaving out of the way. This didn't seem fair and I saw the looks on Winter and Ironwoods' faces showing no emotion. Just a cold steely glare judging him. I hadn't noticed but many of the students that came out had actually left and went on with their daily activities as only a few of us remained. Eventually Ozpin called it a draw as Cardins team was exhausted and the new kid was untouched. Ozpin then looked at us and smiled gesturing for us to come over so we did.

Ozpin: "Ah CFVY just the team I was looking for. I want you guys to house (y/n) and keep an eye on him."
Coco: "No problem but... isn't he a first year?"
Ozpin: "By looks I can see how you would think that but... his skills are on an entirely different level then most of our third years. So idecided he should take second year courses." He said as I smiled looking over at him. He just looked away bright head.

Later that night (Y/n) pov

I sat on the floor after everyone introduced themselves. I was so embarrassed I screwed up so badly. I couldn't even fight back against those guys. I just kept dodging and weaving. I let out a small sigh as someone tapped my head. I looked up slowly seeing it was Velvet.

Velvet: : "Are you okay?"
(Y/n): "Y-Y-Yeah sorry..." I mumbled as she sat beside me smiling softly. I just felt my face heat up as I looked away.
Velvet: "It's alright you don't have to apologize." She said as I looked away blushing more. Soon I heard the sounds of everyone sleeping but us as I looked at her.
(Y/n): "I'm... I'm not gonna fit in here am I?"
Velvet: "Hmm? What do you mean?"
(Y/n): "I... I just... I wont be a good fit here... You all seem so amazing and well liked but me... I'm just a stupid bull..." I said with a sigh looking down at my hands. But I watched as Velvet placed one of here hands on mine holding my hand. I just looked right up at her as she had a light blush on her cheeks.
Velvet: "You just need to be more confident but not boastful. Your perfectly fine the way you are." She said as I felt the tears forming in my eyes and trickling down my face. She just giggled softly while wiping away the tears. I stared at her as she smiled softly stroking my hair slightly.
(Y/n): "S-Sorry..." I mumbled out fighting back the tears I felt as she kissed my cheek.
Velvet: "If you feel so outcasted then how about we stay together... Forever maybe?" She said as I stared at her bright red as her blushed grew bigger.
(Y/n): "W-What?"
Velvet: "You wont feel outcast or like you don't belong if you have someone with you right? Besides I want to be closer to you." She said getting closer as we stared into each others eyes. I gulped as my heart raced faster and faster as she leaned in closing her eyes. I swallowed air hard closing my eyes as well as we met in a soft embrace. Her lips on mine felt so soft and warm. We stayed like this for a few moments until she pulled away slightly resting her head on my shoulder. I just closed my eyes as she smiled grabbing a blanket and wrapped us in it as I thought to myself as we slept. The bull and the hare  maybe I wont be alone anymore.