Duty Bound Love

Ironwood: "Schnee (l/n) my office now." He announced over the loud speaker as I froze in the cafeteria. The food that was in my mouth was now on my plate as I felt sweat trickling down my face.
(Y/n): "I am so fucking boned... He doesn't call people unless he is gonna fire them... I am so fucked.."
Squadmate: "Think about it... He called Winter. THE Winter as well. He wouldn't be firing you if he called her as well. If anything I think your getting a promotion. I mean after what you did on the last mission I wouldn't be surprised if your as high up as Winter is." He said as i wiped the sweat off my face relaxing slightly. He did make some pretty compelling points about the situation. Suddenly my gloomy outlook on everything changed to a bright future. I was gonna get promoted maybe even higher then Winter. Then maybe someone will finally be proud of me...

I got up wiping the small tear that formed in my eye as I headed to Ironwoods office. Once I arrived I knocked on the door. I heard his voice and a females I assume Winters talking before going dead silent.

Ironwood: "Come in Captain (l/n)." He said in his stern tone as I felt my stomach tie itself in knots. Not like before a battle but just sheer nervousness. Slowly I opened the door to be greeted by the stoic faces of both Winter and Ironwood. Their eyes followed me with a piercing gaze as I slowly strolled inside and sat in the seat beside Winter. I offered her a slight smile as she turned her head away in a huff as I felt semi hurt by this gesture.

Ironwood: "Now I am sure you both are curious as to why I summoned you here." He said as we answered with a solid Yes Sir! "Now Captain (l/n) I am sure you have heard of the exploits and adventures General Schnee was in?"
(Y/n): "Yes Sir! There isn't a soul in Atlas that doesn't know of Winter Schnee and her accomplishments."
Ironwood: "Good and you General have heard of Captain (l/n) latest mission?"
Winter: "No sir."
Ironwood: "Well in quick summary his team was under heavy enemy fire deep in their territory. They radioed for evac and got it but one person had to stay behind to keep the lz clear. That would be Captain (l/n) here. He spent the next 16 hours fighting off an entire army of highly trained operatives using guerrilla tactics and confusion. His semblance didn't exactly help either since it hurt his body in exchange for more out put on everything. Speed, vision, damage, defense you name it his semblance increased it for a price. only after the 16th hour did he receive enough backup to escape the battlefield and live to tell the tale." He finished as I looked down slightly embarrassed feeling Winters hateful glare casted upon me.

Ironwood: "So with this in mind I want you General Schnee to train him Lieutenant General (l/n)." He said earning two different kinds of Whats. One from me was joyous and happy while the one from Winter was upset and angry. "I want no back talk General. We need someone with his craftiness and resourcefullness to pass it down to everyone. Maybe you will learn something... That is all dismissed." He said as we both stood up saluting him before exiting his office. Once out the door and having it closed behind us I looked over at Winter only to see her sneering at me.

Winter: "You a Lieutenant General? Please you are not worth the training."
(Y/n): "You don't know me Winter. I will show you how good I am and i will make you accept me as an equal." I said as our eyes locked in a ferocious glaring contest.

Timeskip 3 months later

Winter: "D-Damnitt!!" She panted out as I chuckled lightly panting heavily alongside her. She dropped her rapier to the ground as it clattered. My sword dropped out of my hands as we both fell to our knees our heads resting against each others as we are exhausted. We had been dueling for hours now as I tried to make her accept me. "O-One... One more..." She panted out as we both stood up slowly wobbling. I was about to accept her challenge before seeing her knees wobble as she fell forward. In one swift motion I had caught Winter in my arms. I looked down on her as she looked up at me our eyes staring into one anothers. It had felt like time was frozen and it was just us alone. 

Slowly I sat down as she clung to me as we were still entranced by the other. Minutes went by before one of us blinked and disrupted the spell we had placed on each other. Winter had a slight blush sprawled across her face as I let her go slowly. For some reason it felt so cold now not holding Winter like before. And judging from the look of her eyes she felt the same way. Slowly we felt the gravity of the situation and quickly looked around seeing no one else was in the training bay. This caused a breath of relief to escape our mouths at the same time as we looked at one another embarrassed.

(Y/n): "So... That... That happened."
Winter: "Yeah... Yeah it did.... Why did you catch me not like I was in danger."
(Y/n): "I.. uh... My body moved on its own... But I liked the feeling of holding you close like that."
Winter: "I...I did as well. I never felt safe in another mans arms let alone a captains..."
(Y/n): "Captain still? Ironwood promoted me to Lieutenant General months ago just accept me."
Winter: "Fine under one condition."
(Y/n): "Name it."
Winter: "Dinner. Tonight. 19 hundred sharp. My place." She said as I blushed slightly before agreeing to the arrangement. Then with no prior motions she leaned forward and captured my lips with hers as we closed our eyes slowly. Soon the small kiss deepened to a passionate love as I held her close. After a few moments she pulled away as we looked at each other in the eyes. There was no blush or embarrassment. This was part of the job to be prepared for the unexpected. And she made me realize my love for her the day of my promotion. She was my duty bound love and I wouldn't have it any other way.