The Sniper and the Medic

Time to set another first

Paramedic: "What the actual fuck?"
(Y/n): "What?"
Paramedic: "Don't what me you just fucking split three trees straight down the middle with a single crossbow bolt..."
(Y/n): "What? I love my crusaders crossbow it hurts and heals."
Paramedic: "Then theres that sniper of yours..."
(Y/n): "Yeah I know (Y/n) why didn't you become a hunter? Why did you become a medic? I hear it all the time..."
Paramedic: "Well... Why did you become a medic?"
(Y/n): "Cause as much as I hate death I can't stand being the cause... Sure I've killed things before but I never like it... I mean even Grimm are stretching it for me... We dont know if they are truly mindless or Something..." I said as he nodded until we both saw movement out of the corner of our eyes.

We had been positioned here for the festival Incase anything went wrong. And ever since about two weeks ago we've been followed by one girl. I believe she is a student participating or something. She was pretty cute well I thought all girls were cute cause I'm that nice of a guy. But this girl was different she was almost someone I could be with. I walked over to her wanting to know some answers.

???: "H-Hi..."
(Y/n): "Hi... So you've been following me and my co-worker over there for the past two weeks..."
???: "S-Sorry I was just wondering how you do that..."
(Y/n): "Practice my dear practice and patience. Now I would like to know who you are..."
May: "O-Oh... Well my name is May Zedong a student participating in the festival. And your a paramedic yet your younger then me?"
(Y/n): "Practice and patience dear May. Now since you told me your name I shall tell you mine. It's (f/n) (l/n) but please call me whatever fits your taste." I said with a soft smile as she blushed looking away. I brought her over talking with my co-worker. We both found out she was a sniper like I was and he left us to geek out.

May: "So can you show me the healing functions of your weapons?"
(Y/n): "Uh yeah hold on..." I said pulling out my portable knife slitting my palm. I bit my lip in pain as the blood started seeping out of the wound. She held my hand worriedly as I smiled reassuringly grabbing my crossbow and firing it into my arm. Almost instantaneously the wound closed up and my hand felt better. She looked at me in shock as I shrugged. I pressed the blade against her hand slightly nicking her finger as a bit of blood started to drip. I grabbed my sniper switching the mode to heal as I fired it at her. I watched her close her eyes as the bullet flew through her. She felt hee body for a wound but saw the cut had closed up. We both stared at each other smiling.

Time skip 3 days later

I watched from the stands of the stadium. We medical professionals had to be close at most times in case something urgent happens. And it was Mays team against one of the teams from Beacon JNPR. I watched as she did her thing running to safety and picking off the enemy. But this time the opponent's readily ran to cover and had a plan formulated. I didn't entirely enjoy watching the fight but I was enthralled by the scene. Everything just seemed so close combat wise. But then the orange haired girl slammed three of Mays team in a single hit knocking them out all in a single hit. And there it went the battle was won by JNPR.

I decided to head down and check on her since she was so excited about being here. When I finally caught up with her she didn't look the best. She was kinda pale and she was holding her arm.

(Y/n): "May what's wrong?"
May: "Nothing Nothing I'm fine. Trust me it takes more than that to knock us down."
(Y/n): "Well are you ok with the loss?"
May: "Yeah I mean it would have been nice to win but still."
(Y/n): "As long as your ok that's fine. Now I have to tend to the others just to be safe." I said as she giggled nodding. We smiled before I went to check on her team. Everything was fine with them and all so I sighed in relief.

Time skip 2 days later

(Y/n): "So what was you wanted to talk about May?"
May: "W-Well um... You see I... I... I like you... Like like you..." She said blushing madly as I looked at her shocked. This was news to me as I looked away blushing as well.
(Y/n): "M-May I... I do-" I started to say until a loud explosion rang through the air. We looked at each other till a column crashed down between us. I wheezed for air waving my hand around clearing the dust. "MAY!?! MAY ARE YOU OK?!?" I shouted hoping to get a response. But to no avail I received nothing. I ran grabbing my weapons feeling an ominous threat in the air.

Once I exited the building I was greeted by a horrendous sight. So many people were laying dead on the ground. Some eaten by Grimm, others crushed by debris, some on fire from explosions. I felt my stomach getting sick as I leaned on the walls holding my mouth. I tried to force control over my body but my reflex's kicked in. I leaned on my knees as I vomited onto the ground gasping for air. I wiped my mouth staring at the mess I made. I shook my head running around the building trying to reach May. I had three cartridges preloaded into my sniper with the settings on heal.

Along the way to May I saw some students fighting Grimm. I turned my sniper to its third setting activating my semblance overbooster. I fired several shots into the crowd of students as they started glowing a vibrate blue becoming enhanced in every way shape and form. I continued doing this running to May until I was down to my last shot.

When I arrived to Mays location I felt scared. She was crawling against a wall in fear holding her arm as Ursas started to corner her. I popped out the cartridge with the medicine shot and took the casing off revealing an injector. I knew what I was about to do could kill me especially with how much strain I had been putting on my body. But she mattered more as I injected my body with the medicine activating my semblance. I shook violently as blood dripped down my nose. But right now I had to rescue her before anything happened.

I shouted at them charging head first discarding my weapons as the Ursas glared at me. The biggest one gestured at me as the smallest charged at me. Even though it was the runt of the group it was at least twice my size but that wouldn't stop me. It went to slash at me as I grabbed its claw snapping its arm off before punching through its face. It disintegrated into smoke. Now I had their full attention as they all rushed me. I just dodged their attacks until I met the alpha of the group. He went to slash but I grabbed his paw and slowly with both hands started spinning him around. He roared at me as I used him as a weapon smashing the rest of the small pack before tossing him into the sky. I knelt down beside May picking her up starting to feel the boost wear off. Quickly I got her to evac as we collapsed into the bullhead. I stared into her eyes half conscious as she smiled slightly holding onto me. I couldn't do anything but softly kiss her head and mouth "I love you... The sniper and the medic in love..." Before I passed out.