Playing With Fire Can Leave You Burned But Open Your Eyes To The Truth

A/n Alright so this is a chapter of my choice and I want to say. Requests? Dont worry about asking for repeats or too many at a time I will work it out so don't worry. Now with that said lets go!

Forewarning mentions and scenes of self harm, depression, and suicidal intenions.

I was heading to my girlfriend Yangs dorm. She and I where happy together we did the usual stuff like date, cuddle, spend time together, fight bad guys, fuck you know the usual stuff. But when I approached her door I heard moaning and groaning.
Yang: "Ahh fuck yeah right there I'm so close!"
Best friend: "Anything for you babe I know you love my cock!" I heard them say as I stopped inches away from the handle. A door separated me from catching my girlfriend fucking my best friend. I balled my fist in a fit of rage wanting to break the door down and kick his ass but I decided against it. I just stood there listening to them fuck and have the time of their lives. I stood there for a few minutes until I heard nothing. I stayed there waiting for someone to open the door. I felt tears going down my face but I also felt the anger showing. And when the door was fully opened they both stared at me horrified speechless.
Yang: "Baby are you ok?" She asked me trying to reach out and touch me but I smacked her hand away. She looked at me confused as my best friend came out.
Best friend: "Hey man I was here helping Yang with her studies why you being so mean to her? She's your girlfriend isn't she?" He said as I wanted to deck him right now and beat the shit out of him. He kept talking but I wasn't listening all I could see was red so I finally snapped. I grabbed him by his throat slamming him against the wall choking him. He looked at me in fear as I tightened the grip legitimately trying to kill him. Yang was pulling on me trying to get me to stop, but I was dead set on this. When I saw he was barely resisting I threw him across the hallway walking away. I watched Yang rush to him then to me worried and angry.
Yang: "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!? ARENT YOU HIS BEST FRIEND?!!" She asked as I shook my head.
(Y/n): "He was my best friend till I found out he was fucking my girlfriend oh sorry I meant ex girlfriend." I said coldly staring at her with hatred in my (e/c) eyes. She stared at me in disbelief shaking her head.
Yang: "What are you talking about I would never cheat on you baby your amazing." She said hugging me trying to kiss me as I pushed her away.
(Y/n): "Don't try that Yang I knew what I heard and I dont care if you say it was an accident or what. Cause if he forced himself on you then you would have been in tears and ran to me. So you openly let him in, spread your fucking legs, and happily accepted his cock." I said in disgust turning from her. "We are through enjoy your fuck buddy over there be lucky I didn't flat out kill him." I sneered at her walking away as I heard crying and running in the opposite direction. I just headed to the roof needing to cool off. I laid on my back staring at the sky remembering the noises vividly in tears. I tried to stop crying but it wasnt working. No matter what I did the tears wouldn't stop and I just sighed. I closed my eyes trying to stop the tears again but felt people looming over me. I opened my eyes to no surprise the rest of team RWBY looking at me worried.

Weiss: "We are sorry she did that to you..." She said as I shrugged.
(Y/n): "I fucked her, he fucked her, I nearly killed him, he's hurt and probably unconscious I say everythings fair... Except for all the money I spent on her." I muttered as they look at one another then nodded hugging me as I sighed not doing anything.
Blake: "You know you can talk to us right (Y/n)?" She said as I nodded.
Sun: "Yeah and if you need some bro time me and Neptune will be here for you." He said as I sat up looking behind them seeing Sun and Neptune.
(Y/n): "Alright thanks everyone but I just need time to calm down I'm still seeing red and I don't want anyone else getting hurt cause of me." I said as they nodded waving me off as they left. I laid back down staring at the cloud seeing shapes form trying to calm down. I felt someone staring at me so I looked to my side seeing Ruby she offered a small wave as I returned it before staring at the sky again. I thought she left so I let the tears I was holding back start falling slowly but she sat beside me wiping my tears away with a soft smile. I just sighed looking at her.
(Y/n): "Ruby you know your sister better than I do right?" I asked as she nodded slowly softly smiling. "Then tell me did I offend Yang in some way that she had to get back at me by fucking my best friend?" I asked as she looked away thinking.
Ruby: "Hmmm... No nothing comes to mind so I think she just got bored and you weren't around... I'm sorry my sister did that to you honestly I am..." She said sniffling as I sat up hugging her tightly.
(Y/n): "Ruby its fine dont worry you cant control your sister so don't worry  about me." I said letting her go as she blushed a little nodding. We got up and headed down as I saw it was nearly night we walked back to her dorm talking and joking until my eyes landed on the indent I left in the wall. She saw this and made me look at her smiling as I petted her head smiling.
(Y/n): "Thanks for talking to me Ruby I'm glad you didn't stay away." I said smiling as she nodded hugging me as I returned it waving bye. When she went in I headed to my solo dorm opening the door, closing it, and sitting on my bed. I curled up staring at my scroll deleting every picture of me and Yang together. Then I took off my (f/c) shirt grabbing a knife I had lying around and looked at my arm. I was so angry I couldn't keep it contained remembering everything I heard and did. I cut into my arm engraving the words 'I played with fire and got burned'. I did this to both arms dropping the knife passing out from blood loss.

Time skip 3 weeks

I had repeated the process I did to myself on that night every night since then. No one knew I did this to myself cause I started wearing long sleeve shirts to hide my arms. They had scared now as a permanent reminder to me when I dabble in love I can be hurt badly. Soon after that day Yang and my best friend officially got together as I paid them no attention. I started slowly being happy again spending time with everyone but Yang and my best friend. But the one who made me the happiest was Ruby she cared about me more than anyone else. And I felt like I had feelings for her that were more than just as friends. But I couldn't exactly say if it really was love. My friends were glad I was finally being happy again and were glad I smiled more. But they never knew what I did to myself that night.
Ruby: "Hey (Y/n) are you okay your looking a lot paler than usual." She said as I smiled nodding trying to play it off as everyone noticed me shifting anxiously under their gazes.
Weiss: "(Y/n) did you do something?" She asked as I shook my head. They were staring at me more intensely as I chuckled slightly walking away. I waved to them leaving in a hurry as they stared at me. I was out of their eye sight as I slumped down agaisnt a wall pulling up my sleeves looking at my arms. I shook my head regretting that I scared my arms. But it was too late nothing can heal it... Just like my heart. I felt a tap on my shoulder and froze. Someone followed me and saw what I did to myself. Slowly I looked at them and felt really bad there was Ruby in tears staring at my arms hands over her mouth. I just looked down as she fell to her knees hugging me. I just stared at the ground not reacting. She moved infront of me hugging me tightly as I looked into her eyes. Seeing how they were so scared, and sad I felt terrible and hugged her.
Ruby: "Im sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry." She said burying her face into my chest crying as I slowly stroked her hair softly. I felt tears starting to form in my eyes. We stayed there for a few minutes before she calmed down looking at me. I felt like she of all people needed to see the full extent so I took off my shirt revealing my scared arms. She just stayed silent running her hand up and down my arms feeling the scars.
(Y/n): "I did this the night I found out about them... At first I did it to remind myself of the risk in loving someone and caring too deeply for them..." I said as she held my hands shaking slightly. I felt her shaking and stared at her.
Ruby: "I played with fire and got burned... You... I'm sorry!" She cried pressing her forehead against my hands in tears as I pulled her close in tears myself.
(Y/n): "Stop apologizing you couldn't control me or Yang so don't worry... Besides I have to say something to you." I said as she nodded staring into my eyes. "These past few weeks were hard on me... But you were the biggest help to me during that time. And I slowly developed feelings for you and... I love you..." I said hugging her tightly as she just hugged back as we stared at each other blushing. She just wiped my tears blushing as she leaned up and wrapped her hands softly around my neck bringing me into a gentle kiss. I held her close returning the kiss as we stayed like this till we were both out of breath. We smiled a little and hugged again.

The next day I met up with everyone holding Ruby's hand smiling in a short sleeve shirt as everyone gasped staring at my arms. I sighed as Ruby hugged me as I explained what happened. They were silent as I looked away until I felt someone walk up behind me placing their hand on my shoulder. I turned to look at them and saw it was Yang crying.
Yang: "Please (Y/n) come back to me I found that bastard cheating on me. I'm sorry I hurt you like I did but I love you." She said as I shook my head kissing Ruby on her head as she clung to me tightly.
(Y/n): "I'm sorry Yang but I'm in love with Ruby and I refuse to be with you again. But I have to thank you. If I never loved you and played with fire I wouldnt have been burned and shown the truth that was infront of me this entire time." I said holding Ruby closer as she nodded kissing my cheek. She saw my arms and felt so bad as I smiled a little. "It wasn't your fault I did this to myself... So don't worry alright?" I said smiling softly as she nodded hugging me slightly as I hugged back as she left us. I told Ruby to keep an eye on Yang and make her happy. But visit me later that night so we could spend time together. She nodded kissing me softly before chasing after Yang as I waved her off with a small smile.