A Lost Connection

Jaune pov

I entered my team dorm slightly upset. I tried yet again to get Weiss to notice me in a romantic sense only to be brushed aside for Neptune. I felt the sympathetic looks of my team on me as I flopped on my bed.

Ren: "Cheer up Jaune we are here for you besides Weiss is just one of many girls."
Nora: "YEAH!! Besides you have Py-" she started shouting before Pyrrha rushed over covering her mouth.
Pyrrha: "Hahahah... Nora such a kidder." She said in a nervous tone causing me to smile. I already knew that Pyrrha liked me a lot and I kinda feel the same, but at the same time Weiss could always change her mind. "Oh yeah Jaune I hear we are getting a new kid today." She said as I glanced over.
Jaune: "Guy or girl?"
Nora: "I hear it's a guy that was taken from his birth family." She said prying Pyrrhas hands off her mouth.
Jaune: "Really? That reminds me of my cousin... (Y/n) Arc... My aunt and uncle lost him when the house got broken into while they were sleeping." I said feeling worried about (y/n). However my thoughts were dragged away as our scrolls went off. I looked at it after fishing it out of my pocket to see a message from Ozpin. Please come out front to the courtyard right now.

I looked at the others as we nodded and headed out. We bumped into Ruby's team as they said the same message. Quizzically I looked at everyone before we hurried off out front. There Ozpin was already waiting with Mrs. Goodwitch. We all looked at one another till Ozpin stepped aside showing a young male my age, shaggy (h/c) hair and cloudy (e/c) eyes.

Ozpin: "Teams JNPR and RWBY I would like to introduce you to our latest student. (Y/n) Arc." He said as my jaw dropped to the floor.
(Y/n): "Hi everyone and hey cousin." He said in a somewhat shy way as I regained myself stepping forward. He just smiled slightly as we hugged.
Jaune: "Everyone was worried about you for the longest time."
(Y/n): "I know I already stopped by my parents and spent time with them before coming here." He said as I stared at him happily. However that happiness lasted for a few fleeting moments as I was pushed aside by everyone else.

(Y/n) pov

I watched as Jaune was pushed aside and the other people rushed forward. Well I say others but only team RWBY. They all stared at me in different ways.

Yang: "Hey hot stuff I'm Yang and this is my baby sister Ruby."
Weiss: "Hello I am Weiss Schnee I hope you are nothing like Jaune."
Blake: "Blake... Blake Belladonna..." They each said at once as I just laughed slightly in a nervous way.
Ozpin: "Now girls I know your excited but please give him some room to breathe. Now before I can fully let you into Beacon I just need a few things. First off your semblance do you have one?"
(Y/n): "Yes I do. It's called blessing of the moon. It's like at night/dusk my combat abilities and utilities are doubled. But during the day or dawn they are halved unless I have stored energy."

Ozpin: "Good, Good. Now weapons?" He asked as I pulled the pole and shield off my back. I pressed a button on both as they extended exposed two crescent shaped blades on both ends and sides.
(Y/n): "This are them right here. The one in my left hand turns into a shield named Crescent. And my right is either a double bladed halberd or a double bladed double edge pike called Diana." I said as he nodded in approval.
Ozpin: "Alright and since you came late into the year I want you to spar against both of the teams at once." He said as we all questioned him. I was worried until.

(Y/n): "Ozpin sir what time is it?"
Ozpin: "Nearly dusk." He said with a small smile. I just smiled as well.
(Y/n): "...Let the hunt begin."

Ruby pov

With those words Jaunes cute cousin vanished into thin air. We all gasped until Ozpin told us to hunt him down. And that this was gonna be counted as a grade in combat class with Mrs.Goodwitch.