Childhood Love

Ruby: "Weiss! (Y/n)! Hurry up we are gonna miss it!" She shouted running ahead of us as we sighed chasing after her. It was such a hassle when she was this hyper and excited.
(Y/n): "Weiss please freeze her in a glyph so I can teleport us back to Beacon and i can go to bed..." I said exhaustedly as she nodded trying to stop Ruby with one of her glyphs. But Ruby just dodged around them dancing almost as I groaned running faster trying to grab Ruby. She woke me and Weiss up super early for some weird reason. I don't exactly remember why but it bugs me.

We saw she stopped at an intersection of pathways looking around. I put my hand on her shoulder panting slightly out of breath. Weiss just lightly jogged up behind me perfectly fine.

Ruby: "I... I don't know where to go now..." She said in defeat as I groaned hugging her tightly. I looked down to see her bright red staring at me as I smiled.
(Y/n): "Ruby its fine don't worry besides if you hadn't done what you did I would still be in bed right now till like... 10." I said letting her go with a smile as she looked away bright red.
Weiss: "Well now that we aren't going anywhere can we head back... Wait does anyone know how we got here?" She asked as we both shook our heads. "Great and your too tired to teleport us back home aren't you (Y/n)?"
(Y/n): "Maybe... I am but I can do one thing." I said pushing Ruby to Weiss as they stared at me. I waved them off with a snap of my fingers teleporting them back to Beacon. I yawned slowly walking back the way I think we came from.

Weiss pov

When we arrived back at Beacon I stared at Ruby in disbelief. We were so close to telling him how we felt in the most romantic way possible and she went and screwed it up.

Weiss: "Damnitt Ruby if we turned right we would have been there!"
Ruby: "I'm sorry I was really excited we could finally tell (Y/n) we love him. And I forgot where we were going!"
Weiss: "And cause of you he's lost and we have to go find him!"
Ruby: "I'm sure he's fine and stop yelling at me!"
Weiss: "Im sorry Im just stressed out cause of how we had to stay calm with him around!"
Ruby: "It's fine just stop yelling." She said as I nodded taking a few deep breaths. We both have known (Y/n) for a year now. And be both knew how much the other loved (Y/n). The only one who didn't know was him.

Weiss: "I'm still upset he hugged you and not me..."
Ruby: "Be sad when we see him and he will hold you close. You know how protective he is of us." She said as I nodded smiling. The entire time we knew him he always protected us whenever he could. That only made us love him even more. So we got our plan to tell him here and went off in search of him.

(Y/n) pov 26 mins later

I had somehow got turned around and arrived at a park. It was a beautiful park filled with roses both red and white. I crouched down picking one of each color. They reminded me of Ruby and Weiss. I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I turned and walked towards a tree with some stuff etched into it. For some reason it seemed so familiar yet I couldn't remember where I saw it before.

(Y/n): "Why is this so familiar... The flowers, the tree, the setting itself..." I said scratching my head trying to wake up my brain. Then my eyes landed on three particular etches. "Wait... This tree and park... These are from my childhood..." I said running my fingers over the etches with a slight blush. I looked at the three hearts with my name on them. One read 'Ruby + (Y/n)', one said 'Weiss + (Y/n)', and the last one said 'Ruby + (Y/n) + Weiss'. I remembered etching them all here on the same day. I spent the entire day here with my dad and mom playing with Ruby, Yang, and Weiss when we were so young. I didn't think they would remember this place or this. "Surely it's just a coincidence." I said laying the two roses down by the tree looking out over the railings.

I stared out at the ocean resting my arm on the railing. It was always a bad habit of mine to do this when I was a kid. Sneak out at the crack of dawn and stare into the ocean. Mom and dad always yelled at me asking me what I would do if I got kidnapped or something. But what they didn't know was that I figured out my semblance. But that was the past now all I have is the halberd they left me and those two. I will always protect them with my life so I don't lose anyone else.

Ruby: "Maybe he came here?"
Weiss: "Maybe this was his favorite spot wasn't?"
Ruby: "Look! There he is!" She shouted as I turned around looking at them confused. They ran to me giving me a hug as I held them close smiling slightly. They looked up at me blushing as I stared back confused.

I felt my heart starting to race for some reason the more I stared at their faces. They were beautiful I always told them this but I was entranced by this beauty. They were bright red as I looked away blushing myself. They let go stepping away from me as I stared at them. They just looked at the ground almost like they were trying to come up with words to say.

Both: "(Y/n)!"
(Y/n): "Y-Yeah?"
Both: "We... We..." They said quietly as I started having a flashback to the last time we were all here. This was playing out just like then. 'They dragged me here and I teleported them home. I stayed here and they came back. Then they said they liked me I said it to them they came up and kissed my cheeks at the same time and then they made me etch the hearts in the tree.' I thought to myself as they were struggling to say what they wanted.

Both: "We... we... We love you!" They said as I looked away trying to hide my blush as they stared at me. I scratched my cheek trying to find the courage to tell them those same words back. I gulped taking very deep breaths before calming myself.
(Y/n): "I... I..." Few deep breaths. "I love you both as well." I said as they both smiled walking back up to me hugging me tightly. I expected them to kiss my cheeks to match the memory but they had different plans.

Ruby made me look at her as she gently placed her lips against mine we both were bright red but closed our eyes. I pushed back against her lips pulling her closer to deepen the kiss. We stayed like this for several minutes before we both pulled away in need of air. She smiled resting her head agaisnt my chest as Weiss poked my shoulder upset.

I turned to her tightening my grip around her waist pulling her closer. I saw her go red before smiling slightly. We did the same thing I did with Ruby but when our lips connected I felt her arms wrapping around my neck. She pulled herself closer to me as I did the same. We stayed like this for another several minutes before pulling apart for the need of air. She rested her head on her half of my chest as I slowly lowered us all down sitting agaisnt the railing as they snuggled up to me.

(Y/n): "Just like the one day we spent together all three of us."
Weiss: "Yes but we got to tell you how we really felt today."
Ruby: "Yup! Back then (Y/n) even though it was only that one day you stole our hearts as kids. And then you did it again this year being the strapping gentleman you are."
(Y/n): "A man must protect what he loves most. That would be the two of you my childhood loves." I said kissing their heads as they snuggled up to me. I pushed their hair aside placing an appropriately colored rose in their hair. They both giggled kissing my cheek as I smiled closing my eyes holding the two most important people in my life.