Comfort of Two Lovers

Modern au

(Y/n): "God why is college so frustrating???"
Ruby: "Babe calm down your smart your in your second year like us."
Best friend: "But I'm not angry... Oh shit."
(Y/n): "...Fuck you both."
Ruby: "Baby no it's not what your thinking!"
(Y/n): "Then what is it you fucking bitch???"
Ruby: "It's... It's..." She said in a frantic panic trying to find an excuse. But I wasn't having it they had been fucking behind my back. It had been going on since the first year of college and I hated it. But I loved Ruby too much to let her go. There might have been a 2 year age gap but that didn't mean it wasn't real.

Best friend: "I think we need to tell him..."
Ruby: "But... But..."
Best friend: "Basically (y/n) we've..."
(Y/n):"You have been seeing each other behind my back for the past two years."
Ruby: :H-How... H-How..."
(Y/n): "How did I know? Simple. I am not a dumbass and I am not blind. I have caught you in his shirt tons of times when I came home from work. My only question is why did you do it? Why did you betray me like this? Did I ever harm you or do anything to deserve the pain and suffering your cheating has caused me? Did I hurt you like you have hurt me?" I asked as they stayed quiet unsure of how to respond to my barrage of questions. It was a very awkward 5 minutes before anyone said a thing.

Ruby: "You... You never had sex with me or showed you loved me... He... my real boyfriend did that and more unlike you who did nothing. He gave me everything I could want and more. he has been better to me then you ever have..."
(Y/N): "Did he ever take you on dates? Does he work his ass off to make sure he can buy you gifts? Did he ever do whatever it took to help you succeed? No I thought not. I did all that and more for you. You think I like working at that bar? Do you think I like not being with you? When I am not studying or at class I am working for you. I try to do my best but thats not enough it seems. So I am gone, I am done, basically Ruby I am tired of you cheating on me so I am breaking up with you." I said as they both went silent. They seemed so guilty of what they did behind my back. Ruby in fact was down right crying her eyes out and trying to cuddle up to me. But I just pushed her away as I stood up grabbing my keys, wallet, and jacket. 

I walked out of the room closing the door behind me. All that could be heard was the crying of Ruby and the fighting between the two as she disowned him the moment I left. But it was too late my heart was bitter and frozen from the pain she caused me. I went to the college offices and dropped out from all my classes. I was gonna work at John's bar with Melanie and Miltia. John always told me that if I needed a place to stay then I could live at the bar and he wouldn't charge me rent. So with this in mind I opened the door to my 2005 Chevrolet Corvette and started the engine. Even though its been used quite a bit I still loved to hear the purr of the engine as I started it up. It was a royal blue which I loved almost as much as I did Ruby.

Timeskip 1 hour

When I finally arrived I threw the gears to park as I sat in the lot. I felt the tears forming in my eyes as I thought more and more about Ruby. I had done so much for her and she used me the entire time. I drew my knees to my chest as I cried in my car. The true pain had finally set in when I arrived at the bar. It took me several minutes before I finally calmed down and wiped away the tears in my eyes. 

I headed in after shutting off the engine and grabbing my keys. I worked here as whatever they needed. As a bouncer, as a bar hand, whatever they needed. So once I entered I was greeted with the familiar and semi-dark setting of the bar. The drunken and tipsy faces of the customers. The kind expressions of John's henchmen and his two ladies that work there. They were twins one had a white blouse with a snow white bow accompanied by a light blue skirt in high heels and long black hair with a flower pin in it.. Her name was Melanie Malachite she also had a sister who was right beside her. She in contrast to her sisters design had short black hair with two tiny feather hanging above her left ear one white the other red. Her blouse is a dark red with a black skirt and a black bow on her blouse. She wore dark red boots and just seemed to make them work well with the outfit. This is Miltia Malachite and just like her sister she was a women of few words but is polite unlike Melanie who is usually very arrogant to others especially drunken patrons. This would lead to some scares for both parties as I would have to step in.