Merry Christmas!

(y/n) pov

I knocked on the door to Nates house. He was throwing a Christmas party at his house like he did for Thanksgiving. He sent out cards and messages saying to come over and I did. But I didn't show up last like the last time. Once the door opened I was created to the familiar yet not so familiar face of Hikari and Nao. They were all festive with Hikari as a reindeer and Nao as an elf.

Hikari: "Holy shit your the first one (y/n)!?! Well come on in it's freezing outside and we habe hot cocoa." He said getting out of the door way as I nodded shivering. I hurried inside waiting to see what grand scheme Nate had planned for this holiday but I couldn't find him. It was almost like he never existed.

(Y/n): "Hey Hikari wheres Nate?"
Nao: "Uh... (Y/n) don't... Just forget about Nate he's kinda still asleep..."
Hikari: "Babe we can't lie to everyone let's just... (Y/n) can you take everyone's coats as we keep making more stuff. Once everyone is here we can tell you the truth."
(Y/n): "Alright Hikari... Well you know what's best..." I said in defeat.

Soon the minutes blended into hours as I stood at the door. Slowly but surely everyone came to the party. Yang was with two people I didn't know. Ruby was with two others. Winter was complaining about the lack of a host. And the twins were standing with Junior looking around.

But soon the time came that Hikari had promised and we all gathered around. He just had a pained look on his face as he looked around. We all waited in anticipation as he gathered the courage to speak. And found the right words with Nao right beside him.

Hikari: "Well as we know Nate has some major fits of depression at such random times. And well ever since his dog passed away this year he just... He grows very depressed even easier then before. And lately he's been on edge so it's best if we check up on him periodically and don't worry him. He made all the food and stuff. He even got everyone presents. Now let's have some fun for him ay?" He finished as no one said a thing. The mood changes from anticipation to awkward silence and worry. I looked back at Weiss, Winter, and the twins as they had scared looks on their faces.

But slowly it returned to a normal party. A lot of people were trying to catch any girl under the mistletoe. But none walked under they were all worried about Nate. And honestly as was I. He said last time he would always welcome anyone here for help but he never thinks of himself. And that drives people away and he knows that.

I looked towards the steps hearing sounds of crying echoing down towards the party before being quickly drowned out by the noise of the music. I looked over seeing the girls creeping towards the steps. I joined them as we slowly climbed up the steps. The closer we got to the top floor the quieter the music was and the louder the sobs were.

Soon it sounded like a banshee was wailing in the dark as we stood outside a door. We looked at one another before I reached out for the door knob. Slowly i tightened my grip on the knob about to open the door. But instead it opened up without me trying as it showed Nate wrapped up in a blanket with Santa clothes on.

Weiss: "Baby are you okay? You didn't greet us..."
Nate: "B-But... Star..."
(Y/n): "Listen I know it hurts but you have to keep going. She wouldn't want this."
Nate: "I just... It hurts too much..." He says clutching a small silver chain. No one said as thing as this went on for a few moments. That was until Nate sniffled before wiping his eyes.

He looked at us as his eyes were all ready and puffy from crying. I watched as we walked downstairs. I noticed that the suit Nate was wearing actually sagged a bit meaning he lost weight and a good amount at that.

(Y/n): "So Nate how did you lose all that weight?"
Nate: "Just drink water nothing else. That's how I lost so much weight. Now if you will excuse me... HO HO HO MOTHER FUCKERS GUESS WHOS HERE??!?!?!!" He shouted after putting on some shades. Everyone erupted into laughter and cheers. Weiss and the others said the same thing as we all watched him dance around. Not even 5 minutes ago he was a blubbering depressed mess. But now he was the life of the party.

Nate: "WHO WANTS SOME FUCKING PRESENTS?!?!" He shouted as every jumped at him telling him their names. He just smiled snapping his fingers as a huge bag appeared. Slowly he dug them out handing them to the appropriate person. With this being done everyone got several presents each of decent monetary value and major emotional value to the person receiving the gift.

I smiled looking at mine seeing it was (most wanted gift). He was a very thoughtful guy when it came to others but he always tried to hide his own worries and concerns behind a fake smile. He truly shows what it means to celebrate Christmas and deal with crippling depression. Yet he always made everyone happy. Well all we can say is....

Everyone: "MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANNAKUH, FESTIVUS, AND ANY OTHER HOLIDAYS!!!"