Oblivious Affection

So this was requested by the one and only HaveltheOmen or better known as TheEvilOmen this was asked Saturday morning at 12:01 or something  after he was done testing me about my own stories. It was hilarious how rapidly I answered those fuckers. Anyway onto the story! By the way modern au :3

Blake pov

I sat in my seat watching the clock as it slowly ticked down. It was Friday and I really wanted to get out of school and go to work. I enjoyed my work a lot and my roommate's all enjoyed visiting. But we made sure no one from school knows about it.

Port: "Alright class I know it's Friday and spring break is coming but calm yourselves. I SAID CALM YOURSELVES!!" He shouted as no one listened I glanced back at my roommate's Ruby, Weiss, and Yang. They were talking with the new kid (y/n). He was quiet and sweet which was a nice change from all the normal creepy, pervs. Well Jaune and Ren weren't that bad but Jaune needs to give up on Weiss.

Port: "WILL YOU ALL CA-" He shouted but was overruled by the bell ringing as the students ran out the door. Everyone but me, roomies, and our friends ran out the door. "...Kids these day need to remember to respect their elders... Especially during a story."
(Y/n): "Have a good break Mr. Port."
Port: "Ah yes you too kids. You all are my favorite students cause your not remotely close to being as annoying as the other hooligans." He said with a hearty chuckle as he waved us off.

We all walked out as each talked about our plans for break. Jaune and them were gonna go rock climbing and camping. Ruby obviously relaxing  with Yang. Weiss was gonna brush up on some subjects and relax. But (y/n) caught my attention.

(Y/n): "I'm gonna go spend my break reading stories and visiting different cafes." I flinched slightly as I worked at a maid cafe. I glanced back at the others as they were trying to suppress their giggles.
Blake: "(y/n) why not spend time at home?"
(Y/n): "Cause it gets boring when you live by yourself." He said as his voice portrayed a bit of sadness. "But hey I got you all as friends so at least I have that to look forward to." He said sounding happier as I smiled giggling slightly.

Blake: "Your so different (y/n). In a very good way."
(Y/n): "Why do you say that?"
Weiss: "Take Jaune for example. He is constantly trying for someone who shows no interest whatsoever. But you just smile and act kind and polite."
Ruby: "Or Cardin he's a loudmouth bully and boasts all the time. You don't, you shy away from praise and make everyone feel better." They said as he looked away. I saw a tint of red spreading across his face.
Blake: "And your also very cute unlike most guys." I said making his blush even worse.

We all joked around and such enjoying the time together. Then we came to the four-way that signalled our split. Me and my roomies went right as Jaune and them went left. But (y/n) just stopped and turned around.

Blake: "(y/n) is your house the other way?"
(Y/n): "Yeah but I don't mind the extra walking helps keep me active instead of reading books all day." He said waving us off as he started back. We returned the wave saying our goodbyes as we headed home. But I gave Yang my backpack and headed to work.

It was about 10 minutes until I got into town and entered the cafe. The cafe in question was At Your Service. Maid specializing cafe that didn't allow pervs or jerks inside. I went back into the employee area and started getting dressed. Once my maid outfit was on I attached the fake but real looking tail and cat ears and sighed.

Blake: "Why do I have to wear these ridiculous things?!?"
Vanessa: "Cause you look super cute in them besides we've been getting a lot more customers ever since you started wearing them." She said as I groaned knowing she was telling the truth. "Oh shit we have a cute guy coming inside!" She said turning to me gesturing to come closer. I did so and I bit my lip to calm myself. It was (y/n) sitting by the window. He was just looking at his with a look of sadness. I turned to Vanessa as she was giggling slightly.