The Story of Fire and Ice

Ironwood: "Is everything in place special squad?" I heard over the ear piece.
Leader: "All escape routes have been cut off."
Second in command: "No possible incidents occurring."
Teammate: "Just placed agent (Y/n) in place awaiting the signal."
Ironwood: "Excellent now everyone but (Y/n) off this channel." He said as I heard three static cracks before silence. "Now I want you to listen (Y/n) you are expendable in this operation. If you go no one will care, but if you can succeed without letting a single terrorist live I will let you undertake a secret mission. Now close your eyes." He said as I did so. "Are they closed?"
(Y/n): "Yes Sir..."
Ironwood: "Good... Activation authorization James Ironwood code 8402917 protocol Armageddon." He said as it went silent.

Leader pov

I watched with the rest of the team about five clicks away from the city. I felt bad a little since there were civilians inside but it was too late. No one can be saved when the White Fang occupy the town.

Leader: "Do you think (Y/n) can handle this scale of genocide?"
Second: "If he cant it's fine either way."
Teammate: "Should we be talking about him like he a weapon?" He said as we looked at him.
Leader: "That's all he is no one knows why but if given an order and protocol well see for yourself." I said handing him the binoculars I was using. He was confused staring at the city as volcanoes sprouted everywhere. Soon they erupted spewing magma all over the city. We checked comms for (Y/n) and heard nothing but screaming and the sound of sizzling flesh. I pulled out the detonator flipping the top pressing down on the switch. Soon the entire city exploded from the charges we placed before starting.

We sat there for an hour waiting to see if (Y/n) came back. We had just about counted him K.I.A until I saw him. He was trudging towards us unharmed covered in soot and dust. We only assumed everyone was dead judging by the crater.

Time skip 2 weeks later (Y/n) pov

I sat in my dorm at Beacon reading a book. Then I remembered what my mission was about. General Ironwood tasked me with infiltration and observation of Beacon. To see if anyone of the students here were strong enough to win agaisnt Atlas or were part of the White Fang. I held my head getting slightly dizzy from thinking about what I was.

(Y/n): "Im just a weapon of mass destruction..  no one cares about me..."
Weiss: "Uh... (Y/n)?"
(Y/n): "HOLY FUCK!!!" I shouted falling backwards in my chair as I slammed agaisnt the wall. I held the back of my head rolling around on my floor in pain as she just sighed. I watched as she crouched down beside me moving my hands.
Weiss: "Let me see your head you dunce."
(Y/n): "W-What is it you need Weiss..." I said looking away from her upset. I'm too accustomed to when someone helps you they ask for something in return.
Weiss: "I'm checking up on my favorite person at Beacon. Is that wrong?"
(Y/n): "F-Favorite why?"
Weiss: "Your not annoying, your intelligent, your dependable, and you are funny. Something everyone is here but also annoying." She said as I blushed looking away. "That and Ozpin wants to talk to you." She said as I nodded getting up heading out my door. I waved to her but stopped as she followed me. I shrugged as we talked about things walking there.

After a few minutes and laughing we arrived at his office I went and she followed. I was confused but soon I saw Qrow Branwen leaning agaisnt a wall. Mrs.Goodwitch staring at us and Ozpin sipping his coffee. He gestured for us to sit as I gave Weiss the only chair. She smiled and thanked me as Ozpin stood up.

Ozpin: "Now im sure your wondering why your here (Y/n)?" He asked as I nodded starting to feel tense with the three of them staring me down. "Well you see we know who you are. Extermination Agent (Y/n) Codename Armageddon." He said as my eyes widened I ignited a flame in my hand aiming it at the ground. I was ready to blow everyone in this room to smithereens. "Please we know of your mission to infiltrate but we also know of your past so calm down." He said as I gazed around the room seeing Qrow drunk staring at me, Glynda was shaking her head and Weiss was shocked.

(Y/n): "What can you do to me that I haven't already done to myself?"
Ozpin: "Offer you an actual home, and  care."
(Y/n): "How can I be sure your not tricking me?"
Qrow: "If we wanted to trick you we wouldn't have brought Weiss along. She was a safety measure cause if you killed her... Well let's say Ironwood would be the last thing you worry about."
Weiss: "I was just a pawn?"
Qrow: "No kid you were safe if he posed a threat I would have killed him the moment he walked in." He said as we started talking.

After hours of talking I was confused by what I knew and what was told to me. Now I was so confused by everything. I was just broken now. So I headed to my room and sat on my bed processing everything that happened.

Time skip 4 weeks later

I had abandoned the mission Ironwood gave me going rogue. I stopped worrying about the repercussions of my actions after Ozpin guaranteed my safety. Now I was just a normal student at Beacon with a blood soaked past.

Weiss: "Hey (Y/n)." She said coming into my room sitting beside me. I smiled slightly waving to her. She was the one person allowed to know everything from my past to my darkest secrets. And she never left me alone not a single day since then.

(Y/n): "Weiss why do you visit me everyday?"
Weiss: "Cause I want to make sure you aren't burning down the place or someone."
(Y/n): "Oh haha how about I burn you then?" I said lighting a small fire on my finger tip slowly going to poke her hand. She pulled away giggling as I smiled blowing out the flame.
Weiss: "I want to tell you something."
(Y/n): "Go on."
Weiss: "You still think your expendable don't you? Think no one cares?"
(Y/n): "Yeah where are you go-mmph!?!" I blushed madly as she pinned me to my bed pressing her lips agaisnt mine mid sentence. I stared at her before kissing back as we stayed like this. A few minutes later she pulled away staring into my eyes laying ontop of me hugging me tightly.

Weiss: "I love you (Y/n) after you started opening up to me I wanted to know more. And once you told me everything I felt like I wanted to be with you. To balance out your fires with my ice." She said kissing my cheek as I blushed madly holding her close. She smiled as I kissed her head. She didn't need to hear me say it to know I felt the same. I remember first coming here I hated her cause of Winter. But not long after I started being able to tolerate her and it grew from there. It was your classic story of hate turned to love. A story of fire and ice mixing together happily instead of fighting for dominance.