The Hunt for a Murderer Left You Hurt and Broken

Forewarning mentions and scenes of self harm, depression, and suicidal intentions.

I was working out the details of the case. My brother was murdered on one of his missions and no one knew who it was. They knew it was a hunter cause the slashes were too precise to be Grimm. So I searched everyone in the database both good and evil. I knew it had to be a long bladed weapon like a scythe or greatsword. So when I searched the databases for people wielding weapons that matched my descriptions only four came up. Me, my brother, Ruby Rose, and Qrow Branwen. I knew Ruby wouldn't do it and my brother wouldn't kill himself and I knew I didn't so that left one person.

(Y/n): "Fucking Qrow... I will kill him to protect everyone." I said getting up grabbing my Black Knight sword rushing to Winters room here at Vale. When I arrived at her door I knocked on her door worried. She opened the door slightly hiding most of her body.

Winter: "B-Baby what are you doing here?" She asked kinda scared as i pushed the door open.
(Y/n): "I'm here to protect you I found out who the murder is it was Qrow." I said as I saw her face flash fear as I scanned the room seeing him laying in bed smirking.
Winter: "I... I'm sorry but ive been fucking Qrow ever since you started doing that damn research. You stopped paying attention to me and never showed any affection to me. So ive been with Qrow and hes been treating me better." She said as I just shook with rage staring at her.
(Y/n): "You fucking bitch... I did this to find out how to protect you and Weiss from the murderer. But no here you are fucking said murderer and I just give up. I'm leaving you forever don't come back to me. I truly loved you I did anything I could for you but that wasnt good enough for you I guess." I said turning around leaving the room slamming the door behind me. I was in tears shaking violently heading back to my small house. I slide down my door just in tears tossing my greatsword into the porch crying. I couldn't take it I was broken I lost my brother a month ago and my girlriend just now. Both to the same person I was just unable to comprehend everything as I laughed in tears beating on my door. Since no lived nearby I wasn't expecting anyone to approach me. But I stopped feeling someone place their hands on my shoulders. I looked at them in tears realizing it was Cinder. She was a villain in everyone's eyes especially mine but I didn't care right now I needed some sort of comfort. I hugged her in tears as she froze before she hugged back. She stroked my hair calming me down as I stared at her.

Cinder: "Why are you like this Mr. Detective Huntsman?" She asked as I looked away in tears.
(Y/n): "Truth... Heartbreaking truth... Winter my bitch of a girlfriend was cheating on me... But with the person who murdered my brother... I researched the murderer and literally I did it for her and her sister to protect them from this happening to them. But she said I didnt show her affection and bullshit even though I did when I tried to get her to understand how I cared about her through messages. But she didn't care she slept with him even and now I'm just unable to comprehend anything that has happened today." I said crying as I slammed my head against my door chipping it as Cinder looked at me. I felt her stare and returned it feeling pity in her gaze as I just shook my head. We stayed like this for a few minutes until I felt better and released her from my grasp. She watched me as I stood up and I opened the door trudging in. I gestured for her to follow as she did shutting my door behind her.

Cinder: "I know your hurting (Y/n) but I think you should stop this self destructive nature. Its not you at all your more cheerful and kind." She said as I watched a blush spread across her face as I shook my head in tears smiling.
(Y/n): "Oh Cinder you silly woman that isn't my self destructive nature... THIS IS!!" I shouted grabbing a knife slicing my arm multiple times before she rushed over taking it out of my hands holding me. I struggled as blood seeped from my arm and I was in tears trying to break free of her hold. She held me as I cried giving up as I broke into tears again. There was blood splattered all over my kitchen floor and her dress. I laid my head on her chest crying my eyes out as she held me. We stayed like this for about ten minutes until I stopped. I looked up at her with a small smile as she returned it placing a small kiss on my lips as I stared at her blushed. We both stared at each other red faced as she smiled a little more. I was about to say something but she placed her fingers on my lips gettinf some paper towels to clean my arm. She lit a small flame on her finger tip hugging me as she slowly burned the cuts closed. I grimaced in pain as she cauterized my cuts. I looked at her feeling the pain but it was numbed by her warmth. I looked up at her using my good hand with a wet paper towel to wipe the blood off her face. She smiled softly before blowing out the flame as I saw the wounds had closed up.

(Y/n): "Cinder why are..." I said but trailed off as she softly rubbed her thumb agaisnt my cheek.
Cinder: "You are such an idiot but then again that is something I love about you. Yes (Y/n) I am in love with you and I knew who the murderer was. But I couldn't tell you cause you didn't answer to anyone buried in your research. I'm sorry but I knew what was going on and I didn't tell you. But I actually love you like purely love you and I found you like this I was terrified. You were so strong and compassionate and intelligent and handsome. But you were so absorbed in your hunt for the murderer it left you hurt and broken. I'm sorry but I needed to tell you everything." She said in slight tears as I stared at her red faced. She kissed me gently on the lips again holding me close as I returned the kiss running my hand through her hair. We stayed like this for a few minutes before breaking the kiss smiling gently at one another. I got up slowly holding her as we walked to my room. We laid down snuggling together as my scroll went off with a call from Winter. I didn't answer I tossed it to Cinder telling her to burn it. But she answered happily putting on speaker phone for me to listen.

Cinder: "Hello you whore."
Winter: "What the fuck are you doing with my boyfriend's scroll!?!"
Cinder: "Excuse me but your fucking a murderer and breaking a sweet man I'm pretty sure he isn't yours anymore."
(Y/n): "Winter I don't care anymore about you I tried killing myself when I got home cause of you. I hope your proud of yourself you fucking bitch. We are through we've been through for a few hours now. And if you want me back how about undoing the pain to my heart and bring my brother back then maybe we can get back together. But until then you can leave me and my new girlfriend alone!!" I shouted slamming my head on my pillow pissed off.
Cinder: "See look he isn't yours anymore so leave him alone. Otherwise I will burn you if you tried getting near my lover every again."
Winter: "BUT I LO-" She said but was cut off by Cinder ending the call turning my scroll off. She placed it on my bed side desk before cuddling up to me. I held her kissing her head as she was bright red.

Cinder: "A-Are we really going out now?" She asked as I nodded kissing her head.
(Y/n): "Yes Cinder how could I not be in love with you after you helped me in my time of need." I said kissing her passionately as she returned it red faced as we slowly fell asleep together.