A Rut In Life

A/n Whenever I write about a faunus reader you will usually have the tails and ears.

Forewarning mentions and scenes of self harm, depression, and suicidal intentions.

I hanged my head in shame as my wife Yang came up rubbing my back. She was consoling me as I went through this rut but it wasn't entirely helping. Everytime I failed at a job I felt useless.

Yang: "Baby don't worry you will get back into your stride." She said giving me a hug kissing my head. I felt my tail wag a little bit but I was still depressed. She says that but it's been like that for 2 weeks and I was struggling to get by while Yang stayed home pregnant. I got up hugging her before sitting in my small office polishing my weapon waiting for a job offer.

(Y/n): "...is it really just a rut or is it something more influencing..." I said switching my weapon to range mode cleaning the barrel. I looked down the barrel my fingers away from the trigger and had an idea. I placed the barrel in my mouth and placed a finger on the trigger. I knew if Yang saw this she would kill me so I pulled the barrel out wiping it clean. Then my scroll went off showing a job offer I quickly accepted it hoping this would be a new beginning. I ran out after reading the details and hugged her.

Yang: "Are you going to be off baby?" She said as I nodded kissing her cheek before running off. I heard giggling and I would giggle as well if I assume my tail was wagging furiously.

Time skip 2 weeks later

I was so happy I completed the job and got paid handsomely when I returned home. I saw a package laying on our doorstep as I picked it up knowing it was meant for me. I opened the door and walked in with the package in head and a smile plastered on my face. She looked up to me and saw my smile.

Yang: "I see you completed the mission baby. See I told you it was just a rut no need to get upset about it." She said as I nodded opening the package revealing quite some cash and a letter. I gave Yang the cash telling her the amount I was promised and make sure it's all there as I read the letter.

Dear Mr. (L/n)
I would like to offer my condolences for your wife. I know youve been having a rough time as of late and I know of your... 'tendencies'. And I would like to offer a well paying job of sorts. And to address what I said earlier is that I want you to kill yourself. I know you want to do it because of your history. So I'm giving you this offer if you send me a video of your death I will pay your wife a million. If you choose to do this I will await for your video. If not I understand no man would kill themselves leaving their beautiful wife behind with their unborn child, but then again you have tried several times before haven't you?
Sincerely
Your donor

I finished reading shaking a little.
Yang: "Hey baby its all there... Why are you shaking?" She said as I looked at her shoving the letter into my pockets. She watched me as I chuckled a little nodding my head.
(Y/n): "Yeah babe I'm fine just shaking from... Happiness that my rut is finally over." I said smiling gently hugging her as she sighed returning the hug. I felt my smile disappear when she sighed as we kissed a little before she started working on dinner. But my mind was replaying that part of that part of the letter. 'Kill yourself... Send video... Wife paid a million...' were my thoughts throughout the night. When we got in bed we cuddled together until she fell asleep as I slowly pulled away. I got up and headed to my office. I pulled out my recorder placing it down and hitting record.

(Y/n): "Alright donor I will leave my wife a note to send this back through the mail with the original package. So be warned if this doesn't get rewarded not only will my wife be pressing charges. But she will hunt you down so be warned." I said sitting down writing the note to Yang in tears. I also placed the letter beside my note so Yang will know why did this. I grabbed a rope out of the closet tying the knot tightly around a rafter. I then formed the noose placing it around my neck standing on a stool. I kicked out the stool slamming it against the wall as I started struggling to breath. Soon I felt all breath escape my body and everything going black. Then I felt someone shoot the rafter as I fell down onto the floor gasping for breath. I looked in tears at my wife as she held me. I cried clinging to her as she was slightly hitting my head in tears. When we calmed down she asked me why I did this. I just showed her the letter hanging my head in defeat. As she read over it before slapping my cheek and holding me.

Yang: "WTF WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME?!?!" She shouted as I looked away guiltily.
(Y/n): "Because you've been the best thing to happen in my life but I didn't deserve you. Even though I'm my happiest with you I just can't help but feel like you could have done so much better. I'm sorry but we were barely getting by and I didn't know if I would fall back into that rut of my life again or not. So I wanted to leave you with my love and a million so you would be able to get by... I'm sorry but I wouldn't have done this if I didn't start feeling depressed all month!" I said as she made me stare at her. I saw only one of her eyes burning with anger as the other was filled with tears still that lovely shade of lilac. She slapped me again this time harder before burying her face in my chest crying. I held her stroking her hair consoling her like she has done for me so many times. I looked at the camera before using my legs to kick it away.

Yang: "If you would have gone through with that I would have followed you baby you are my world. If you think I could have done better then your so wrong. You were and still are the best thing to happen to me. I love you so please don't do this again if those feelings come back please come to me. I will make them go away by showing how much you mean to me and how much I love you. Besides I don't want to lose our beautiful baby girl and boy." She said as I stared at her confused until it hit me.
(Y/n): "You got a scan didnt you? And its twins?" I asked as she nodded kissing my cheek. I actually felt so happy my ears were up and my tail was furiously sweeping the floor as I hugged her tightly. We went to bed after I wrote a letter insulting the person and telling them to go fuck themselves. I shut my office door after turning off the lights and went back to bed with my wife. I didn't care anymore about being stuck in a rut or anything as long as I had her I could do anything.
(Y/n): "Hey babe... How does Kisala and Jaster sound for our kids if their both humans?" I mumbled as she giggled.
Yang: "Those are some weird names but sure but what if the son is a faunus?"
(Y/n): "Zegram." I said plainly as she giggled snuggling up to me.
Yang: "When the time comes closer to that we will discuss names for now let's sleep." She said kissing my chin as I nodded kissing her head holding her as we fell asleep.