Beautiful Red Rose

I had arrived back at Beacon with my team. We just finished a mission dealing with a massive horde of Grimm terrorising a village. We were welcomed back by our friends and staff at Beacon. We all smiled and waved at them all. I really liked everyone here but a certain leader with dark hair ending in red tips. For her I felt something more akin to love. But she doesn't know it unlike everyone else. Her entire team always hinted at it but she never got the point. Which is good for me since I want to tell her how I feel.
Ruby: "Hey (Y/n) how did it go?" She asked as I blushed slightly shrugging.
(Y/n): "You know that usual kick ass take names save lives." I said rubbing the back of my head then pulling my hand back feeling blood. "Well there... Thats a first." I said chuckling as everyone looked at me worried. "What we are hunters and huntresses as long as we don't lose a lot of blood we are fine." I said with a smile as my team sighed with everyone else. I waved them off heading to the nurses to get my head checked out leaving everyone behind. Until I saw the rose petals scatter infront of me and I saw Ruby walking with me.
Ruby: "Did you know about that?" She asked me staring into my (e/c) eyes with her sterling silver eyes.
(Y/n): "Maybe." I said flatly as she sighed hugging me.
Ruby: "You dont understand how much you mean to me..." She said as I stared at her blushing madly as she looked at me the same way. Then she let me go jumping back red faced. She covered her mouth embarrassed as I stared at her.
(Y/n): "Did... Did you just confess your love to me Ruby?" I asked her as she shook her head furiously looking away.
Ruby: "Un...Unless you feel the same way..." She said as it was my turn to go red and looked away. I didn't want her to be the one to confess and me to accept I wanted it the other way around. So I had to lie to her and hope she wont hate me later.
(Y/n): "What no... No I don't feel the same Ruby but don't be discouraged this won't change our friendship or anything alright?" I said hiding my blush as we entered the office getting my head checked out. We didn't say anything as we walked back to our dorm. She looked so upset I knew tomorrow or even tonight I was going to feel the wrath of Yang. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. When I arrived I shut my team's door and flopped on my bed.
(Friends/name): "Did you tell her? Did she tell you? How is your head?" She asked as I sighed a little.
(Y/n): "No... Yes... And why is my health your last concern?" I said as everyone chuckled and laughed asking me if we were together yet and such. "No... I shot her down but tried to keep her as happy as possible... And well if Yang comes here protect me please i have a gash in my head." I said as they stared at me upset. "What you know I rather tell her then her tell me..." I said as i heard someone stomping towards our dorm. "OH GOD THE APOCALYPSE HAS STARTED AND IM THE FIRST VICTIM!!!" I shouted running around trying to open the window. But my friend used their semblance to keep it in place. I tried breaking the glass but my other friend was using their semblance to keep it together. "I THOUGHT YOU ALL CARED ABOUT ME?!?!?!" I said in fear as my best friend opened the door revealing the burning red eyes of a pissed off Yang. "PLEASE DONT KILL ME I STILL NEED TO TELL RUBY I LOVE HER!!!" I said trying to find somewhere to run as she stomped up to me.
Yang: "I know what pisses me off is that you shot her down and now she's all depressed and your going to fix it." She said shaking me with every word as I looked for help.
(Y/n): "I HATE YOU ALL!" I shouted feeling my insides staring to hurt with blood running down the back of my head. "DAMNITT YANG AT THIS RATE IM GONNA PASS OUT BEFORE I CAN FIX THIS!!!" I shouted getting her attention as she felt the crimson liquid run down her hands. She immediately let me go as I fell to the ground getting up looking for a rag. I found one and tied it around my head to absorb the blood. "Alright go tell Ruby to head to the roof alright?" I said stumbling out of the room walking down the hall. When I arrived I sat on the railing checking on the rag waiting for Ruby. About ten minutes later the door opened and I heard a small gasp and feet running.
Ruby: "What happened (Y/n) why are you like this?" She asked as I gave a small sigh smiling. She was about to ask me something else but I decided to cut her off. I quickly pulled her into a hug before giving her a gentle kiss. We both were blushing but closed our eyes staying like this for a minute before I pulled away red faced. She just stared at me confused. I held her close smiling.
(Y/n): "I love you too Ruby... I just wanted to be the one to confess and you accept not the other way around. And how I got banged up well... Your sister basically attacked me." I said with a small smile as she stared at me still red faced. I smiled more red faced as she laid her head against my chest happily.
Ruby: "She shouldn't have rushed it out of you now I feel bad." She said as I stroked her hair gently.
(Y/n): "No I was always scared from saying it to you before. So she got me to finally tell you so its fine my beautiful red rose." I said sitting on the floor holding her close as we sat there enjoying the comfort of each other. And make out with each other for a little smiling that we both got to finally be together.