Hello Shooting Star

I turned back around and I faced Dereik. Dereik didn't look so tough anymore, most of his power was drained.

"So this is where it ends, huh?" He slightly chuckled. More acid was pouring out of him.

I was silent.

I began walking, then running. I picked up enough speed so when I reached him, I could automatically tackle him.

He was down on the ground. He didn't even try to escape, as he knew it was over. He couldn't fight anymore.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way," I whispered. Before I preformed my healing bite, he also whispered something.

"I'm sorry too."

I transformed into my wolf form and I bit him, and in an instant, he disappeared. He was gone...

There was no more poison, no more humans... Everyone had a happy ending.

The promise was fulfilled.

When I woke up, there was ringing in my ears and everything was so bright. All of my friends stood around me.
"Shadow?" Flaire asked.

I reached up with my paw, "Yes, I'm still here."

....
It had been a year since everything has happened. All of us were living happily as ever, and I found an even greater purpose to live.

We all met up with my old chosen family and we had Hearth's Warming Eve together. It was fun seeing all of my friends in one place.

One day, when my friends and I had all walked the same pathway of where we had met.
I stopped walking for a minute, and so did everyone else...

I had realized something...
Something very important.

My friends had taught me something...
Not all ponies are bad.
....
I sighed as I closed my favorite book, The Prophecy of the Wolf Mare.

I had now realized why Wolfie said something about having a book and a protagonist living in the same world.
I was the protagonist from The Prophecy of the Wolf Mare.

I ended up on a blank page - a page that would be filled once I went out on another adventure.
This book was about me. I was the protagonist.

I looked at my student that I was reading to. "You see, the story isn't over. There's still another chapter." I quietly walked outside and met up with my friends.

The page was filled: Shadow met up with her friends... She loved them very much, and the rest of her life was spent with them.
They forever lived on as immortals, but that's not important.

They forever lived on as friends.