Last Minute Fire

My right eye flashed, and I could now see a shard of poison within the body of the guard.

I could save him...

If I didn't die first.

I had to quickly escape and get the shard out of him, all the while avoiding Cheerilee...

This was the only plan I had, so it was worth a shot.

The sword quickly went down, but it only touched the ground and only brushed my fur with the wind that it created.

When the sword was going down, I rolled and dodged the sword; I got out of the way.

And now, I had to get the shard out.

My eyes flashed again, and it made me focus on the shard. I knew exactly where to aim my claws now...

In a swift movement, my claws went out and I aimed them toward where the shard was.

My claws torn into his flesh. I grabbed the shard, and quickly pulled out my paw.

The guard looked at me and softly smiled. His smile then turned into a scowl as he quickly disappeared from sight.

I crushed the shard with my claws, and it too, disappeared into nothing.

Cheerilee faked gasped at me.
"How could you!? My guard is gone!" She pretended to care, but I could see through the fakeness and right into her true intentions.

I said nothing. I was silent.

"Well if you want to play like that, then I can play like that!" She smiled evilly. "I didn't need the guard anyway." She added.

She drew her sword and like a throwing knife, she threw it at me with eminence power.

This time, I managed to dodge and I was still on the ground. I couldn't let a simple tumble mess up my dodging otherwise it could mean death for me...