Tending

Their smile was wider, more real than ever before...
They all had a nice, happy and warm aura to them. They were all complete...

This...
I couldn't ruin this for them.
I couldn't stay.

I had to go and find my completeness.
I had to go and find my friends.

From there, we unlocked the cages of those who were hidden and we freed those who had lost their freedom.

The guild hall was moved all the way back to the main hall, and everything was set right again.

Though, their freedom may always be a hard battle...
I know they can handle it.
They are warriors, and they built this town from the pain and tears that they faught with. I was happy to have met everyone here...
I will miss them...

I scribbled all these words onto a piece of paper, folded it and sealed it into a letter. I placed it in Shadow's room and I smiled at the bittersweetness.

Now I hope this one step helps to lead me back to my friends...

My promise has been fulfilled here, but not back at home.
I still had a promise to keep!

Shadow entered the room and motioned for me to come out into the guild hall. I had announced that I would be leaving this very day. I don't know where, I don't know how to leave, but I know I would indeed, leave.

I couldn't stay.
My fate is being a loner...
But I still had friends to make happy all the while..

"Shadow, in honor of helping my team and I, please allow me to send you a special farewell on your journey elsewhere..." She announced so everyone could hear... I was hesitant at first, but I gladly accepted.

"And! Let me finish... We all think that you should be the main leader here." It shocked me at what she was saying...

Shadow had become the leader, since she was the leader of the rebellion and no other leader existed. But me?
Wha-?

"I-I c-" I was cut off...

"Please!" Shadow's group said in unison... I sighed, playfully..

"Only for you.." I said and smiled.
They cheered...

From then on, we were all on top of a mountain... Shadow was at the edge whilst the others were all lined up on the sides, preparing for my take off...

This was my farewell.