Chosen?

We sat on the logs, letting the fire tell it's own tale. My sister looked at me, "Are you ready to tell some scary stories!?" She was all pumped for something scary, but the truth was, I was a scardey cat.

"Ehhh, no?" I slightly laughed.
She looked disappointed, but then she gained an idea.

"How about instead of it being scary stories, we tell random stories? Stories we don't know about each other. Stories about ourselves... It's almost like getting to know each other... Again."

I loved that idea! I thought it was the most amazing idea in the world!

I said the exact same thing my sister had said to me... Everyone thought it was great...

And then...
"Shadow?" A very familiar voice called out my name in the shadows. My eyes teared up instantly, no one else could replace that voice. My heart was pieced together, the longing I had wanted was over.

"Sister?" I smiled at the bittersweetness and turned my head to the figure in the shadows...

It was indeed her, the pony I had awaited for, for so long. She was back...
I hadn't lost her...
My sister...

Before I knew it, my legs were already running to her. She had her arms opened, and like the reunion that this was, she engulfed me into her arms. I buried my face within her fur, and she patted me as she held me.

"I'm sorry sis, I was gone for so long, wasn't I?" I looked up to her face, and I saw that she too was also crying. She trembled...

I don't know how long we were standing there before it was over, but it seemed like it had been a while.

Everyone was watching; Dusk and Athena were in tears...

"Shadow, where's mom and dad?"