She Used To Be Mine

I stared at Lupus, and I noticed that she was smiling, but also crying as well.

"Ugh, you made her cry Shadow! Nice going!" Paws glared at me, while he calmed down Lupus.

Lupus shook her head, "No, no. I'm fine, really. These are tears of bittersweetness." For a moment there, I had panicked, but once she said 'bittersweetness' I completely understood Lupus.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you! I met my little otter friend while traveling Equestria. He never seemed to leave my side, so he just became my pet. I got my cutie mark from my past of painting and working at a lighthouse. I would always guide ships to their destinations... Anyway, enough about me... I think it's Eclipse's turn. Take it away." Lupus turned to Eclipse, and Eclipse nodded.

He began to smile like a dork, but then he closed his eyes and turned serious. "It was a long time ago... I was only a foal. I didn't have the greatest family life... My parents, they would fight back and forth non-stop. I always spent my nights hiding, crying, or both. I never got much sleep... Sometimes, they would even take their anger out on me... I was scared.. I felt like it was my fault, like, somehow I had caused this or something.

I barely got any sleep. Their yelling, shouting, and the shattering of objects would always keep me awake. I learned to grow up way to fast... I was never shown much attention, I was more left alone than anything...

I never found much enjoyment of anything.
Eventually, my parents separated and I never saw my father again. My mother was a single parent that worked and worked for the house and for her kids...
She was hardworking, but sad. She regretted what happened between her and my father, but it wasn't her fault.
It wasn't anyone's fault...
It was just a big misunderstandment."