Black Dust

The voice just giggled once I realized that.

'Well played voice.' I thought to the voice who I knew would read my thoughts.

'Mmm, I try.' The voice responded inside of my head. My eyes widened.
No.... No... No! Not another voice! Why... Why me....?

I then instantly thought of the voice that stopped me from leaping off.
I gasped.

I then tuned back into reality.

"What is it, Shadow!?" Looka asked, concerned. Oh no... Not this again... I couldn't dare bring it up...

"Oh no, it's nothing." I simply fake smiled to try to push it away.

"It doesn't work like that Shadow. You can't push everything away all the time. Stop running." The voice then chose to spoke up. I glanced at the black screen with an icy expression that could freeze all of the underworld over into the ice age.

"What are they talking about, Shadow?" Looka asked.

I looked back at her and I began to sweat... The voice was right, but I couldn't hurt Looka again. What would I do??

I sighed, practically waving a white flag in my mind at defeat. I couldn't argue with the truth! The voice was right! Why couldn't I accept this truth? Why did I want to keep running my life in a beautiful lie? Maybe because the beautiful lie was easy and painless? I had to accept this truth. Why hadn't I realized this before?

"...I'm not going to lie, Looka." I turned to her and she was listening intently. I could tell because her ears twitched at the noise that was coming from my mouth.

"...I'm done lying to you and everyone else... But I'll tell you later. We must get through this first. This is most important, 'kay?" I asked her, trying to be strong to the group. I couldn't get that moment of me almost jumping off and the voice saving me out of my head.

...I was tearing up because of it.