The Fight for Survival

I could sink my fangs into her right then and there, but I knew I had to speak with her.

Shadow groaned and tried to throw me off multiple times, but as she realized I was staying for good, that's when she became feared and angered.

You see, she was not the one in control...

From the beginning, yes, she was...
But she too, had been struck with the greater darkness...

"Shadow, listen to me!" I said through gritted fangs. "I know you're in there! I know you have good left within you." I spoke to her.

"Look, you say all of this stuff for fighting for survival, but look at yourself! Are you fighting for survival? No! You're not in control! You need to gain back your control! You wanted freedom, right? Yeah? Well with this... Thing in control, you won't!"

I panted, "Shadow! You better be listening! You hear me, alright!? You've gotta fight back! Since when did you give up fighting!? You're the warrior that everyone loves! You're the alpha female!" I know I was sounding harsh, but it was the truth.

"You have people who are by your side! You have people who care about you! You still have freedom to take! You're not the silent protagonist. You're not the loner...
This isn't your fate. You're a strong leader, so start acting like one!"

"You have to make it! Do it for your guild, do it for Lucy and most importantly... Do it for yourself." I had tears streaming down my face...
For once, I never thought I would hear me say that to myself...

My fangs teared through the poisonous acid of Shadow, and the black acid sprayed out...

My fangs were...
Untouched?
Wha-?
All of a sudden, I saw the acid turn to black to red in seconds...

She was healed.