Some Lines

Time went on and little by little, things started to go back to normal. Celestia and Luna had a fair relationship, Dereik had disappeared, no one was really in much pain.

It was because we had each other.

We all spent every single day with each other. We grew closer and closer everyday, and I felt myself becoming more and more attached to them.

I can even recall myself saying: "I never want to lose you guys." They all smiled, even Paws.

But as time went on, my friends grew older. I knew we couldn't be with each other forever. It was one of the many truths I would never be able to accept.

It really is a curse, being an alicorn.
You see everything and everyone you love slowly suffer and fall apart before you.
That's exactly what happened.

One day, as I was walking outside, I sat in the grass. They still filled my memories, even when they were gone. I took my paw into the soil and I carved a heart.

"Farewell... My friends." My voice stuttered as tears fell and landed in the middle of the heart. I sighed.

...
Moments later, I got up from where I sat and I trotted on. For a short period, I was happy again... But now I had to let go and move on. I knew I couldn't be happy all of the time.

As I trotted, I looked to the ground. My eyes accounted for every single movement and thing on the ground...

I stopped myself.
In front of me and my shadow, there was yet another shadow there. It was a pony's shadow.

My eyes slowly wandered to the figure before me, and when I stared into his eyes I knew that I was home.