Dreamless

I felt as if this was only a dazed dream or vision...

"Shadow, as my sister has her student... I would like you to be mine. You can write letters to me about friendship, or anything, really... It's been lonely, so I could use a mare to talk to..." Luna smiled... I was so confused, but then I felt it...

On top of my head, there was a tiny horn. 

I was now an alicorn...

I looked at my blank flank, and I discovered that I had a cutie mark there! It was a grey paw print with a shooting star in it... It was... Amazing.

This...

This felt like a dream.

"L-Luna, I'm dreaming... Aren't I?" I asked her, as I couldn't believe that this was actually true.

"No, Shadow. You are not. You are now the princess of wildlife, Shadow. I know this isn't making sense, but it will. Trust in yourself." Luna faded away into nothing...

"Take this golden pup he shall protect you from your sad thoughts. I must leave now, goodbye." The wolf handed me a small golden wolf pup as he faded. I took it into my arms, and from there I also started to fade away...

"Farewell..."

Before I knew it, I was back in the Everfree forest once more. 

All of a sudden, everything connected... 

This wasn't a dream, this was reality.

This... This was reality, alright. 

"C'mon lil pup, let's go back to my cabin." I began to trot to my cabin with the golden wolf pup in my arms...

The Golden Wolf's Prophecy: 

My, my Shadow. You've really done it, I'm proud...

And now, I'm in your life. Your story doesn't end here, though, I'm sure you want some explanation to all of this, right? I shall explain later....

...............

"Put me down, Shadow." The golden wolf pup spoke...

I had forgotten about my ability to speak to animals, so I was a bit shocked.