Angels and Demons

Now was the moment of truth, Shadow.
I had to face my fears.

My anxiety was going to explode, along with my head. My head had been hurting ever since we entered this vision-land. This was the longest that I had ever had a vision, and the longer it lasted, the more it killed my brain..

I simply shook my head, choosing to stay silent. I blushed from bashfulness.

"I'm Barley Steed, I work in the farm here. What is your name?" I noticed that she had an accent... That was cool. I liked it.

"I-I... I'm Sh-Shadow." I told her, letting my shyness take over.

"Shadow, huh? You lost?" She asked.

"U-Um, kinda... Well, I was with my friends. I was wondering if you've seen any... Um... Dogs around here? I also lost my pet..." I nervously said, making of lies so I wouldn't be questioned further on why my friends were dogs- And a phoenix.

"Ah, well, pumpkin... I don't think I've seen any new ponies or dogs. You should go talk to Echo Book, though. Here, I'll lead you to him." She stepped out.

I got curious...
Who was Echo Book? Could it be my Echo? Surely not... He was a pony. Not a dog... It seemed like a very fitting last name for Echo, though.

I walked along with Barley, and I noticed how lively the town was.

We then approached a library, and finally the last name made sense to me. I was filled with anxiety, but if this was my last resort. . .

Then so be it.

Barley knocked on the door, and then scrammed on out. I was left alone, while the door creaked open.

I was startled by the tall figure who looked down at me...
For, I was only a short mare compared to everypony here.