Familiars

I smiled through tears of pain at the bittersweetness of it all.

And then we hit the ground.

I cried at the pain that hit my body. I was hurt enough as it is, and now I was getting even more hurt.
This was basically torture.

I wondered if that voice was controlling all of this... That stupid voice... I would have him dead if I knew where he was...

Was this a game to him? Was our pain his happiness? ...He was nothing but a sadistic voice! Ugh! 'They.' I corrected myself.

My wings officially felt like the could fall off. I had noticed that a lot of feathers had actually fell off in one spot of my wing, and what was supposed to be feather was replaced with dried up blood.

I felt blood from my lip, and it tasted weird. I felt fresh blood coming from my nose as well... 'Hey, wait... Aren't we all supposed to be dead by now?'

...Maybe this was a fall that almost kills us, but doesn't because it was measured correctly... We couldn't feel the sweetness of death.. Instead we had to keep feeling the pain of life.

I heard a cough come from Scoff... I then felt footsteps.

Someone had gotten up- Wait, no, not just someone... Multiple creatures...

Everyone was up besides Ollie and I...
The others discovered Ollie and went to his side... They all were shocked and wanted to help.

The only creature who came to my side was Athena... She looked sad, and even though we couldn't understand each other, we could understand the pain of the present. She pawed at me with her wing and chirped.

No one noticed.
No one saw.
I was just a lonely leaf in the fall.

My loyal Athena...
She stayed by me until the end.