Once or Twice

We stood tall.
We stood as one.

The creature snarled at us, but everything we could feel was not anger but fear.
We were all feared.
And I want to let that creature know, it's okay to be fearful... Because, inside, we all fear.

I took one pawstep forward, staring at the creature. "We do not mean any harm to you. We do not want to hur-" My soft voice was cut off by the scattering of everyone and me being tackled to the side.

I was tackled by Looka whilst the others managed to get away in time.
She huffed, "Shadow... You've got to be more careful." She then smiled and helped me up.

The creature began swiping with both of it's claws. We tried to run and dodge as best as we could, but it was too much... Swipe after swipe...
Sometimes, the creature would knock us on the ground, but no matter what happened we got back up.

We had to.

Even though most of us bled, most of us had scars.
We all had battle scars, now.
We fought like warriors.

I then decided that to stop all of this, I must go and try to comfort the creature. All of us knew that we couldn't kill the poor thing...

Scoff, the tallest canine, sent me a boost in flying all the way to the top of the creature. Once I landed on the creatures head I began to try and talk to it...

"Shh, it's okay.." I petted the creature. At first, the creature seemed like it wanted to give in, but after a minute...

"Shadow, get out of there!" Looka screamed. It was too late, I didn't listen... I was too determined.

Spikes shot up out of the creature's body and it sent me straight to the ground...

I groaned, "S-So, I guess this is it?" I whispered in pain.