Touching Souls

"Oh... Poor, poor Shadow. Much hurt was in your life, was it not? I can take all of that away." He wasn't getting past me. He couldn't bribe me - that's not how I work.

I stayed silent.
I stared intensely.

"Trust me, Shadow. I promise you that if you join me, all of this will be but a faded memory."

I didn't want this to fade.
I wanted this to keep me up at night.

"Hmm, tough one. If you join me, I can make sure that your family stays with you. I can make it so they won't get murdered..." A slight gasp came from within me... I began to think.

This wasn't good. He was going straight down into my core.

"Or perhaps I could reunite you with your sister once more? You could have all the time in the world." The bullets from those words pierced my fur... They left scars. They embedded themselves into my mind.
The words were bleeding, and I was paper.

"I-I..."
I could do this, I could be with my family and sister again...

"Shadow, don't do it!" Lupus cheered.
"Shadow, no!!" Dusk whimpered...
"Shadow. Please." Eclipse had tried.

"Shadow, don't you dare make a stupid decision!" Paws snapped me back into reality.

I softly smiled, remembering my morals and lessons. How could I let him slip past me?

'Did I make you happy?'

"Sorry, but I.... Decline. I'm not an idiot. I can see right through you, Dereik. I've made too many promises that cannot be broken. If it wasn't from my past, I wouldn't be here with all of my friends. My sister deserves her rest. Though I will miss her, I won't be stupid to bring her back for my selfish needs." I stared straight into the lifeless eyes of Dereik.

"Very well. Everyone... COME ON OUT!"