Once More

When we arrived back into the guild hall, everyone was in there. The sun was setting, and it was like a big family that was settling down for the night... It was funny...
This...
This family, these people...
They seemed more like a family than my actual family before they got killed...

I felt like they actually were there...
For once, I felt at home...
I felt protected...
What was this feeling?
Was this what a true family is?

...What was I missing before?
It felt like this place was beckoning for me to stay.
But I couldn't...
I had to go home.

...But they were nice to me...

"Okay! So, Shadow, you will be sleeping in the guest bedroom... It's not even really a bedroom, but whatever." Athena led me to my sleep quarters. She extended her paw, motioning to the room, and from there... She took her leave.

I sighed and looked at the ground filled with hay. It wasn't much better than my cabin, either. Heck, my cabin didn't even have furniture except for a side table and some other things...

I layed in the hay in complete silence, eventually letting everything fade and the night take over.

The next morning, I was awoken by Lucy's loud yelling for me and the others to get up... She was always yelling, no matter what...

"Augh..." I walked out into the main area of the guild and I saw everyone surrounding a table and talking. I had the common sense to go over there, because I thought I was expected to be over there.

I mean, the others were...

"OKAY! PLAN TIME!" Athena shouted, making my ears to fold back in pain.
I was right behind her when she practically screamed...

Wait-
Plan time?
What were they planning?