Scientist

"Woah! You're a natural!" Lucy cheered...
I examined the target with my eyes and I was shocked... It was my first time and I had already gotten a perfect score on the target? That couldn't be... Nothing like that had ever happened to me.
...I really couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I just stood there, staring at the target...

"Shadow, you alright?" Lucy asked, coming up to me. I snapped back into reality and turned to face her with a nervous smile.

"Y-Yeah, I'm just surprised is all... Heheh, I suppose the bow was the right weapon for me." I gathered myself and put my mask back on.
"So, I think I'm used to this bow... I mean, I feel comfortable-"

That's when Lucy cut me off right then and there.

Truth was, I wasn't very experienced with the bow. I didn't want to practice anymore because I didn't find a point to it... Of course, I wouldn't tell Lucy that... I wouldn't tell her my real plan...

I knew I wasn't going to use my bow.

"No, Shadow. You need to practice. You can't just practice once and say you're fine and good at it, you need to form skills. You need to form trust with not only yourself, but with the bow too. You're not perfect, you have flaws. You can't just be a master at something right away. It's not how it works." That was when Lucy tried to reteach a lesson I already knew.
...I still respected her for that.

...She was right.
I sighed and looked to the ground while walking back to the aiming place. "I know..." I muttered to myself.

From then on, Lucy became my trainer. She wasn't nice about it, but, she was what I needed if I was going to practice.

She wasn't here to be my friend, she was here to be my motivator.